Contribute
Register

Can only boot in Safe Mode after update 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 10.10.2 I had no problems, it ran perfect, but in 10.10.3 doesn't, for 10.10.2 I edited it with plist edit pro and remove the word disabled as suggested by yourself, I'm using the same plist for 10.10.3, suggestions?

No idea without seeing your config.plist.

Not valid. You have both the patches for 10.10/10.10.1 *and* 10.10.2 enabled.

Enable only the patch that corresponds to the version you're running (eg. just the 10.10.2 patch).

Done! Will reboot and post results.

Edit: Success!!! Thanks for the help once again RehabMan, you rock! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Im having some major problems when updating to 10.10.3 with clover and I know its the IOgraphicsfamily kext patches.
How do I apply the patches, and /or edit them. do I just copy and past the code into the config.plist and done, I heard I have to rebuild the cache, can I do this with just running Kext Utility? Or do I have to rebuild the cache in a different way?
Please advise the best way to fix this problem, as Im so close to finally switching over to clover. ty

Im having some major problems when updating to 10.10.3 with clover and I know its the IOgraphicsfamily kext patches.
How do I apply the patches, and /or edit them. do I just copy and past the code into the config.plist and done, I heard I have to rebuild the cache, can I do this with just running Kext Utility? Or do I have to rebuild the cache in a different way?
Please advise the best way to fix this problem, as Im so close to finally switching over to clover. ty

Remove any patches you have for IOGraphicsFamily from config.plist. After you get your system to boot again, read here to be certain you have the correct patch: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

Its still not letting me boot (even removing the Patches).
I have yet to be able to boot with clover to 10.10.3 , 10.10.2 works fine, I'm not too worried about the Boot screen garble right now, just want to boot to 10.10.3 using clover. Both my desktop and my laptop have the same results boot screen rolling.
He is my config.plist for my laptop and some screen shots of the boot screen, maybe I'm looking at the problem.
Please advise, TY

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 107
Its still not letting me boot (even removing the Patches).
I have yet to be able to boot with clover to 10.10.3 , 10.10.2 works fine, I'm not too worried about the Boot screen garble right now, just want to boot to 10.10.3 using clover. Both my desktop and my laptop have the same results boot screen rolling.
He is my config.plist for my laptop and some screen shots of the boot screen, maybe I'm looking at the problem.
Please advise, TY

You have some other problem with corrupt system files. You can try to repair in Disk Utility, but maybe you need a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back