Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

Corsair psus are of very bad quality. The connectors don't fit well and the sata connectors are all upside down.
Corsair psus are not recommended.
Is this your personal experience or can you site credible references?

How is the IOGear bluetooth 4.0 adapter still listed? I have two of them that now do not work. Has anyone either found a solution or a replacement for them?

Not sure what the problem is- but it's not with that. I have tested and it works better than any I've ever used- that's why we recommend them.

Not sure what the problem is- but it's not with that. I have tested and it works better than any I've ever used- that's why we recommend them.

Was it the IOGear that had some batches that worked perfectly and others that just didnt work at all, even though they were supposedly identical, or am I thinking about a different manufacturer ?

Corsair psus are of very bad quality. The connectors don't fit well and the sata connectors are all upside down.
Corsair psus are not recommended.

Disagree with this. Had a few over the years and all have been good.

Disagree with this. Had a few over the years and all have been good.

+1

Corsair AX750 here, has been rock solid for several years and the fan doesnt spin up at all. Its passive as far as noise goes and has never let me down yet.

Made by seasonic for corsair too, so has a damn fine pedigree.

Hey I got a few questions: First up, could I use the Asus Rampage IV Gene as a board? So I can fit the Ivy Bridge-E Into an mATX factor. Are Noctua coolers like the NH-D14 SE2011 supported? Corsair LP Vengeance? Noctua 120MM Fans? And last, NZXT Sentry Touch 2? Thanks in advance.

@TonyMac:

"As of OS X 10.9.2, Ivy Bridge E/EP based systems are working with the native kernel, however workarounds are necessary for full support."
Which workarounds please?

tonymacx86 member JacksonSneed has tested this model: Cirago -- Model: BTA3310
and found it to work very well with most builds.

I've not tried it myself but his thread is here. http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-mavericks-update-what-works-what-doesnt.html

Only the Broadcom-Chipset will work now, not one from Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.: "DeLOCK 61772 Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR, USB 2.0" is working, "Trust Bluetooth 3.0 USB Adapter" is working, all others I've tried including the CSR-Chipset, do not..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back