Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

For anyone with the older Rev. 1.0 version of the X79S-UP5 wifi, the newer Ivy Bridge EP V2 Xeon
CPUs will not work with your motherboard. You'll have to go with the Sandy Br. EP Xeons if you've
got the older Rev. 1.0 board. Here's the support list from Gigabyte:

www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4287

Hi Tonymac, I'm building the customac budget atx and found that the link for the ga-z87-hd3 mobo, the amazon link takes you to the ga-z87-d3hp.
I don't know if the ga-z87-d3hp is supported or you just put it on accident. Thanks!

I have roughly $120 to spend on an SSD, I'd prefer it to be on newegg that way I can order everything straight from there. Any suggestions?
Take a look at FORUM ➞ THE BUILD ➞ DEALS OF THE DAY for some ideas.

Hi Tonymac, I'm building the customac budget atx and found that the link for the ga-z87-hd3 mobo, the amazon link takes you to the ga-z87-d3hp.
I don't know if the ga-z87-d3hp is supported or you just put it on accident. Thanks!

Either of those boards will work equally well.

Thanks for finding it! Fixed the links. :headbang:

Hi Tonymac, I would like to know if the GA-G1 Sniper M5 could work? Thank you in advance.

Guys
just for the ones are interested in GA X79s UP5: SAS ports are not support in OSX whatsoever.
Sata drives connected to SAS ports will be recognized only by the Bios, not by OSX.
No way this feature can be enabled so far in OSX.
Just so you know.

In 2013 I started threads about a i7 4930K, GTX 770 4GB, Video editing beast. Now finally the hardware is in the buyersguide !! So it will work now? I look forward to see the best tutorials/ goldenbuilds soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back