Contribute
Register

Buggy DSDT Asus Q501LA, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of GenericUSBXHCI do you use. I have versions that work except sleep. I have also located one that enables sleep to work properly however my mouse will never work with it.

I also am running Yosemite. I don't seem to have any control of the initial keyboard backlight intensity or screen brightness when the system boots. Even though I set them to off and a reasonable screen brightness the system will not remember them for the next boot.

Any ideas?

Can you post your Clover config file?

Frank

Hi Frank, I send some parts of my EFI configuration to you, so you can study the whole thing. Cheers!

I also used to have problems with my usb devices and the Generic USB 3.0 kext until I played with my bios settings and Clover config.plist.

By the way.. how come that no one has ever talked about our screen being TOUCHABLE with yosemite 10.10 yet? I couldn't get it to work with Mavericks, and the only option was to pay for a kext in some page... but now.. it simply works!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    536.9 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the files. Can you upload the version of GenericUSBXHCI that you are using or tell me where I can download it? I have a couple of versions (, none of which fully work.

Thanks,
Frank

I downloaded a version dated 10-16 and everything is working well. Thanks!

Frank

Sorry man, i thought it was included in the kext folder but it wasn't. Yes, I have the same one (the latest from Rehabman), directly installed on S/L/E, cause was giving me problems if I just installed it into EFi kext folder.

Glad to here almost everything works now. What about sleep? Mine is working, slow but working. Have you noticed any lag when shutdown or upon reboot the system?

Yes, sleep is working on battery and AC and it does take 40 seconds or so. At least it is working so I am happy even if there is a delay.

I put in a wireless AC CARD A WHILE AGO FOR SOME HIGHER WIFI SPEED. It works well on the 5 GHz band other than I can't get bluetooth on the wifi card working. Not really an issue for me.

The only thing that is a bit of a pain is the laptop boots up with the keyboard backlighting on. Easy enough to turn it off after it has booted, but it would be nice to know how to have it start without the backlight turning on.

It is intersting that the touch screen works. I was surprized to see that when i first loaded Yosemite. On Mavericks touching the screen would just drive the mousepointer symbol into the upper left corner on the display. Have you found any gestures that allow you to scroll without using the scroll bars?

Thank a lot for your help!

Frank

Have you had any luck with Facetime and iMessage?

Yes, I had to borrow a friend's MBL and ROM numbers..whit his permission. XD

Have you noticed any lag while shutdown? I think GenericUSBXHCI kext has something to do with that. Once I delete it, laptop shutdowns/reboot in a blink.. like it did with Mavericks. But i need this kext if I want to have sleep working properly...

Yes shutdown or sleep is lengthly if you have GenericUSBXCHI installed, Maybe RehabMan has some ideas on what is going on here.

Yes shutdown or sleep is lengthly if you have GenericUSBXCHI installed, Maybe RehabMan has some ideas on what is going on here.

What version of GenericUSBXHCI? What version of Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back