Contribute
Register

Buggy DSDT Asus Q501LA, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I removed all the fixes.

I eliminate all the CPU related SDST, still cannot wake from sleep, just shuts down.

I kept SSDT4 (SATA), SSDT5 (GPU), and SSDT6 (Sleep/Wake). Correct me if I am wrong, see attached.

Patches:
SSDT4.dsl - Nothing
SSDT5.dsl - Haswell (4400), Brightness Fix, and GFX0 to IGPU
SSDT6.dsl - GFX0 to IGPU

I have attached SSDT (all).

DSDT?

And SSDT3 has not been treated with "Rename GFX0 to IGPU". It is bad to have unbalanced renames.

Also, make sure you drop OEM tables as you cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM SSDTs.

There are many factors that can contribute to shutdown/reboot during wake.

Are you certain the laptop is entering sleep successfully? Is there a blinking power LED?

I included that in Clover Patched folder. I didn't include in the zip file.

And SSDT3 has not been treated with "Rename GFX0 to IGPU". It is bad to have unbalanced renames.

Isn't SSDT3 a CPU related?

Also, make sure you drop OEM tables as you cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM SSDTs.
I ticked drop OEM tables. See image.
13aef04144984ca20c6c1795788dfff6.png

There are many factors that can contribute to shutdown/reboot during wake.

Are you certain the laptop is entering sleep successfully? Is there a blinking power LED?

yes, I am certain the laptop is entering sleep successfully. I see a blinking power LED.

I included that in Clover Patched folder. I didn't include in the zip file.

I can't very well look at it if you don't provide it.

Isn't SSDT3 a CPU related?

Looks to be a grab-bag/mixed...

To make it complete...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Install it to /usr/bin.

In terminal,
Code:
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post native DSDT/SSDTs from Linux.

And output from:
Code:

Output:
Code:
   12    2 0xffffff7f81e93000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Code:
No output for appleintelcpu

See attached.

Attachments

• iRanbirHD’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Rehabman.zip
    41.8 KB · Views: 100
  • ubuntu.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 90
Output:
Code:
   12    2 0xffffff7f81e93000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Code:
No output for appleintelcpu

See attached.

I'm assuming this is running Mavericks...

I only find two strange things:
- no custom SSDT generated for your CPU (ssdtPRgen.sh script). Something to try...
- your (patched) DSDT does not compile when disassembled with iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml (due to PS0X, PS3X, etc). I would probably fix this...

And not sure what FakeSMC you're running (I run my own version)

You could also start eliminating non-essential kexts just to be sure one of them is not responsible. It is why I like to test CPU PM/sleep as early as possible, and also each time something is changed.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas...

I'm assuming this is running Mavericks...

I only find two strange things:
- no custom SSDT generated for your CPU (ssdtPRgen.sh script). Something to try...
Will try that now.

I- your (patched) DSDT does not compile when disassembled with iasl -da DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml (due to PS0X, PS3X, etc). I would probably fix this...
What do you mean? How do I fix it?

IAnd not sure what FakeSMC you're running (I run my own version)

You could also start eliminating non-essential kexts just to be sure one of them is not responsible. It is why I like to test CPU PM/sleep as early as possible, and also each time something is changed.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas...

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie and trying to install OS Yosemite on my ASUS Q501LA-BSI5T19 laptop, I follow this guide on github from someone here -->

https://github.com/RanbirAulakh/Asus-Q501LA-Hackintosh/wiki

I got into Clover boot screen but cannot get the installer to come up ?!
Error with "7 error-reporting"

2014-10-27 17.07.43.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-10-27 17.07.43.jpg
    2014-10-27 17.07.43.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 102
Remove the code causing the errors. There is no possible way for the code to execute.
I ran iasl, and open in maciasl, I see no errors. Using ACPI 5.0 compiler.

Hi to those Asus Q501la owners.. so, after A LOT of trying-error with Yosemite I think I have sleep working.. even while on AC power.. It takes a while to go to sleep.... but once you wake it up, you still have functional USB 3.0 and 2.0, the only BUT is that all external storage devices disconnect and reconnect automatically.

Mi bios settings: LEGACY USB --- ENABLED / PRE BOOT XHCI ------ SMART AUTO

config.plist: i have to disable -gux_defer_usb2, and enable -gux_no_idle, -gux_no_sleep, otherwise my USB 3.0 devices are not detected once I boot the system.

GenericUSBXHCI installed directly in S/L/E (removed from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10)

I hope it works for you.

I have just a little problem unsolved with this new install.. and it's the fact that shutdown/reboot take longer than on Mavericks (when it used to be INSTANT). I could see during my attempts to get this thing done, that the delay is because AppleXHCI and GenericUSBXHCI. Those are the last to lines before the system performs the shutdown/reboot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back