Contribute
Register

[Beastly Success] Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi saxomonster,

nice to hear from you, buy a good quality in the future … and normally you have less problems. I followed your problems with your audio card, but I didn´t answer because I had really no idea. So I am quite happy your problem is solved …

Best regards, Kai

Thank you. I got it figured out. It was because I installed the mac pro 5,1 thing in MultiBeast to make it look like a newer model. When I was in safe mode, I ran MultiBeast and selected the original things and it is working. Now the only issue I have is the sound is not working (never was working). I installed the MultiBeast driver and it still doesn't work after a reboot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I followed the instructions perfectly and I can not get audio working. I installed the audio driver, and it still isn't working. Could the hdmi be throwing things off making it think that the monitor has built in sound? Any help would be appreciative.

Hi kalessi22,
if you need sound on HDMI4000 please take care a a man that is really great here on the board:
Toledo is his name, and HDMI sound are the keywords. The normal audio with is supported through the ALCxxx drivers has nothing to do with sound over hdmi. Please get rid of this imagination, it is a completely different thing. The easiest to explain to you is that ALCxxx sound is analog, HDMI sound is digital, a completely different media. You need the dsdt editor and the patches for your motherboard. You need to compile a new dsdt.aml file to succeed. That´s all, with the right instruction from Toledo it was a funny game, but for me as a newbie quite difficult - still.
Good luck, take care,
best regards, Kai

Hi guys I am using this board with a Apple Cinema display with Intel 4000 graphics. I downloaded a game app and was playing and now went to play it again a couple of days later and the resolution is way off and so small and squiggle. I have also download a game called urban terror and it work fine one day and now that I wanted to play it again it is doing the same this as the other game. Some how the graphics are not right. It is displaying the games in a small repeated boxes that are squiggles. Can read or see anything. How do I fix this issue? I never touched the graphic setting in the games.

Thanks
Scott

This board is a personal system so I planned as much time as needed to build and install. As a result I was pleased to see everything move seamlessly from step to step not having to back up or work around anything unforeseen.

My new 'mini' Mac Pro consists of the following:
GA-B75M-D3H (Rev 1.0 - F6)
Xeon E3-1230v2
16gb (4x2gb) Corsair 1600 XMP
Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD
XFX GTX285
3x 500gb WD Black

All hardware identified and supported as designed. Every function of OSX supported without coding or hacking beyond normal audio, lan, and chipset kext.
NO DSDT FILE, 100% functionality with Shutdown, Restart, Sleep, Wake, iCloud, AppStore, Update, all hardware identified through System Information, and stellar performance through SATA3 and USB3. Wake from sleep is instant.

{GUIDE}

Purchase Mountain Lion from AppStore (10.8.1)

Download UniBeast (ML-1.5.3)
Download MultiBeast (ML-5.0.2)
Download KextBeast
Create UniBeast per guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
Make new folder on UniBeast stick called (Post_Install) - Copy MultiBeast, KextBeast, AHCISeries7Injector.kext to folder

Shutdown computer and install new hardware - power on

BIOS settings:
Load UEFI Defaults - Reboot
Enter BIOS again
Select AHCI SATA (there are a few other tweaks you can make, but that is all that is needed)
Reboot and insert UniBeast

At Gigabyte splash screen press F12
Select UniBeast - At loader screen type PCIRootUID=0 press Enter
At install screen open Disk Utility and select drive - 1-Partition - GUID - Mac OS Extended - Label
Apply partitioning and exit Disk Utility
Select drive and install ML
Reboot

Press F12 and select UniBeast
At UniBeast loader screen select your ML installation disk - Type PCIRootUID=0 press Enter
Finish install and registration

At desktop prepare disk for boot and kexts as follows.

Open Post_Install folder and drag all contents to desktop
Open MultiBeast:
Select UserDSDT or DSDT-Free
Audio - Select Realtek x887 (without DSDT version, Current)
Network - Select Realtek Gigabyte Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
Disk - Select IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (So drives show internal - *should also have swappable function - not tested*)
Click Continue and confirm install for MultiBeast
Reboot to new ML install disk

At desktop apply AHCI Injector as follows:

Open KextBeast:
Select install drive and confirm (injecting AppleAHCIInjector on desktop so ports are seen as Intel7)
Reboot

Once back at the desktop adjust personal OS settings as desired and your done!
100% CustoMac

Side note: The Gigabyte bios appears to be communicating with the graphics card (which by default runs the fan from ~60% to 100%) and when it is not necessary for the fan to be running at ~60% the bios turns it down to less than audible (not sure the actual rpm.)
=)

Hi

I have bought this board GA-B75M-D3H (Bios - F14) and copuled with G1620 and graphics card GT 610. I have little query:
Have you tried Mavericks on the same board?

I am planning to give it a try so your guidance will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Kaithefinn,

I've just built my 2nd Hackintosh, this one will be used as my Home Theater System (replacing Win7).
This build uses GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1 F12 - i5-3570K - HD4000 and did a successfully install this weekend of OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion. This is a Dual Boot system with Win7 (Installed a month ago) and OS X 10.8.3. I used a different HDD for OS X.

The only problem I'm having is getting the HDMI audio to work with OS X (audio over HDMI works fine on Win7) and my first attempt to extract and compile the DSDT (no patches) failed miserably.

I need Audio over HDMI, I am using my 47" HDTV as monitor, as HD4000 VGA doesn't work with OS X as it does for Win7, so Video and Audio has to be HDMI.

When I build this system a month ag, it was connected to my HD TV using the VGA port (Work fine in Win7) but decided to switched to HDMI in preparation to my OS X test. Win7 still works fine connected with HDMI (audio/video).

You mention on your post to [Beastly Success] Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - 100% this:

- HDMI-audio: generated a new dsdt.aml file with DSDT editor with the patches needed - if you need one (Bios Version F7 and F12 are available) please send me an email.

Could you send or post your dsdt.aml for F12?

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Best regards,

Hey there! Can you post the BIOS? thx in advance

Ive followed every instruction in detail several times i have the GA-B75M-D3H motherboard 8gb corsair ram 1gb geforce 610
and every time i install the audio kext either manually or thru multibeast when i reboot it takes about 5 minutes to boot up. but before the audio kext it usually boots between 15-30 seconds it keeps hanging on the bluetoothcontroller and something else.....
any suggestions would be appreciated

GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1 F15

Hi,

I have a big problem. The system freezes randomly.

My specs:

GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.2 F15
Intel Pentium G2030
G210 silent

Combo update 10.8.3 installed with multibeast 5.2.1 and the sound driver from 4.6.1.
I think everything is ok, except freezing.

Thanks

Hi ertok,

there a so many things that could be wrong:
- did you install Multibeast with nvidia-driver for your G210 ?
- the motherboard has revision number 1.2, some things can be different internally
- did you compile a new dsdt.aml-file for your motherboard (I think this could help the most) ?
- do you have the chance to probe another cpu like i3/i5/i7, because I had also freezing problems with a G1610-CPU that is very close to the G2030

Good luck,
best regards,
kai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back