Contribute
Register

[Beastly Success] Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaithefinn,

I've just built my 2nd Hackintosh, this one will be used as my Home Theater System (replacing Win7).
This build uses GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1 F12 - i5-3570K - HD4000 and did a successfully install this weekend of OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion. This is a Dual Boot system with Win7 (Installed a month ago) and OS X 10.8.3. I used a different HDD for OS X.

The only problem I'm having is getting the HDMI audio to work with OS X (audio over HDMI works fine on Win7) and my first attempt to extract and compile the DSDT (no patches) failed miserably.

I need Audio over HDMI, I am using my 47" HDTV as monitor, as HD4000 VGA doesn't work with OS X as it does for Win7, so Video and Audio has to be HDMI.

When I build this system a month ag, it was connected to my HD TV using the VGA port (Work fine in Win7) but decided to switched to HDMI in preparation to my OS X test. Win7 still works fine connected with HDMI (audio/video).

You mention on your post to [Beastly Success] Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - 100% this:

- HDMI-audio: generated a new dsdt.aml file with DSDT editor with the patches needed - if you need one (Bios Version F7 and F12 are available) please send me an email.

Could you send or post your dsdt.aml for F12?

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Best regards,

I've got the same motherboard, i5-3570k cpu, 8 gb ram, intel graphics, 1 TB hard drive and I can't get past installing multibeast and the boot0 error. I've got a second drive set up for windows, the machine works great in windows and ubuntu, but no luck with OS X yet.

I replicated what you did in your guide on a seperate, new, 1 TB hd. Where I'm guessing the problem might be is that my motherboard is newer than yours (Bios rev F11, released in August, 2012) and I'm installing 10.8.2, and multibeast is a newer version as well. So I'm not sure if something in there has things messed up.

I can install 10.8.2 fine on the new, 1 tb hd, I can boot to it from the USB drive, I can finish the installation and copy all the stuff to the desktop and run multibeast. In multibeast, I select the options you said, DSDT free, there's one for audio that's a bit different than yours (it says ALC8x which matches my chipset, ALC887), but it has the lan setting and the drive setting.

But when I restart the system after that, I get boot0 errors.

thelostswede put out a guide for bios settings for Gigabit series 7 motherboards, but even with those I keep getting the boot0 error.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

It's a drag to be so close, but no luck so far

I have a problem very similar as yours. ML boots fine from Unibeast USB Stick but not from internal HDD. It gives an error boot0. How can I make the computer boot directly to the HDD?

Thanks a lot for this guide!

Hi,
perhaps I can help you a little bit, because it is now my 4th installation (but now successful) of ML 10.8.2 on GA-B75M-D3H (ver. 1.1), Bios F12, and so I have some (little) experience:
- the first thing I can tell you, you have to be very disciplined while installing, I had a bad error too, and I managed today to fix that, but only by writing an installation diary - it clears up your mind too
- BIOS, interesting settings:
Intel virtualization technology: disabled
VT-d: disabled (10.8.2-update crashes when enabled)
EHCI hand off: enabled
XHCI hand off: enabled
Legacy USB: Auto
SATA set to AHCI
- USB stick made with Unibeast Lion v.1.5.2 (not Mountain Lion !), three partitions, one with Lion, one with Mountain Lion, one free for further products ...
- Multibeast v.5.2.1 Mountain Lion version
- my mouse and keyboard are wireless (Microsoft 3000), attached to an USB-Hub (8 ports), connected to an USB 2.0-port of the motherboard
- Installation ML 10.8 with Unibeast by USB-stick, Multibeast without dsdt, 1080-entry for org.chameleon.Boot.plist to have not distorted screen, when using HD4000-graphics port - that was all for the first moment. (Multibeast destroyed my oob-working Ethernet port).
- then I changed energy options not to touch my hard disk and my password
- Combo-Update 10.8.2 (installation by file, not directly online from the internet), again Multibeast without dsdt.aml file and Lnx-RTL 81xx driver, everything works fine with the exception of audio, try to avoid installing drivers you don´t need

10.02.2013--------START OF CORRECTION ----- the Lnx-RTL 81xx driver creates problems in waking up my USB-ports after being in sleep-mode, so changed it to the normal RTL-81xx driver of Multibeast v.5.2.1 --- END OF CORRECTION ---- eveything seems to be fine now

- HDMI-audio: generated a new dsdt.aml file with DSDT editor with the patches needed - if you need one (Bios Version F7 and F12 are available) please send me an email.
- at the end installation of HWMonitor with FAKESMC plugins for hardware temperature monitoring (see Multibeast).
- software installation for scanner and all the other products needed
- after that everything worked fine (see Correction please), and my error was to install a patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext, after that my system needed about 40 sec. to shutdown and reboot - the processes couldn´t be terminated immediately. Little thing, but big error and needed a fourth installation to figure it out.

I read the installation procedure from Moarfish here in the board before starting my installation - that was very helpful.

Problems with usb-mouse and keyboard I never had.

good luck, greetings from Germany,
kaithefinn

Hi Kai,

I am using the same motherboard as used by you but with a SandyBridge Processor (i2600k). My setup is good as such, but it freezes randomly. I was wondering if using your DSDT would help. Would you be ever so kind in sharing your DSDT for the same motherboard with me. My BIOS version is F12.

Thanks & Love from India,
Rahul

Hi Rahul,
please use this attached file ... and further more please use my bios adjustments, because the aml file corresponds to them ...

Please take into consideration that my system has an IVY-Bridge-CPU (yours is Sandy-Bridge, I would say it is internally different).

Backup your current aml-file before substituting with mine and in case of need create an usb-stick with linux to access your broken system for renaming or substituting the aml-file.

Good luck and best regards,
Kai

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 665
  • Bios_values_GA-B75M-D3H_v-1-1.zip
    312.1 KB · Views: 723
Hi elticouaker,

sorry that I reply you so late, but one thing you could try: substitute the vertex with a normal harddisk and do I clean installation, it should work. Your second harddisk is at first not connected, you do this later. If you succeeded, backup the system completely (also GPT-partition) and tranfer it completely to the vertex. Further more: Chameleon seems not be able to boot another operating system from another disk, that´s my personal opinion, I never succeeded to do so. I take always the BIOS-bootup-window to select another operating system by choosing the hard disk, that works always without any errors. Especially now, that I have a Windows 7-UEFI-installation.
Furthermore:
I am not convinced about vertex-drives (had also one that was not so good - to be friendly ...).

Best regards, Kai

I have a question..¿your VGA PORT ITS WORKING?
thanks in advance
Cheers

Hi eltiokuaker,

the VGA-port does not work, but the HD4000-HDMI-port is working with sound.
It is said that the VGA-port does not work at all, I did not prove that - it makes no sense for me. Additionally the DVI-port should work, what I did not test either, but there are also DVI-to-VGA-adapters that should give you the opportunity to do so.
NEW 07.05.2013 This last information I would like to overwork a little bit: The DVI-output of the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H is a pure digital output, so there is no adapter available for little money to change the signal into an anlogic VGA-signal. There must be some electronics behind to do so. In that case it is cheaper to buy a graphics card like an MSI 9400GT or something with the three ports (VGA - DVI - HDMI).

Best regards

Hi alagares,

I have one question to get a better immagination of your problem: you can boot from usb-stick the unibeast installation.

You could install Mountain Lion and now the internal harddisk after installation does not boot ?

After the installation you have to boot from your usb stick - while booting press the space-button and a boot screen appears that lets you choose yout harddisk to boot. Choose the harddisk with the cursor and boot from it and then install the chameleon boot loader from Multibeast 5.2.1, here is an exact description what software can be installed:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

Best regards, Kai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back