Contribute
Register

[Beastly Success] Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kai,
Well I was doing some more research and development this weekend, hahahaha. I did a fresh install of ML with multi beast 5.4.1 and then another clean install with Multibeast 5.4.3 and on both i just loaded the network and disk kext and DSDT free. Both fresh installs had artifacts in the sound at random points.

I then wiped the drive again and installed windows 7. Once i got that up and running i downloaded the motu drivers and had the same artifacts again.

These artifacts are random and come and go as they please. They are not really loud but I know they are there.

Anyways I have come to the conclusion that my MOBO is just NOT compatible with the MOTU pcie-424 card and a 2408mkII.

So i am in the hunt for a new MOBO that will hopefully have no issues. So I have to do more research.

I did try the pcie-424 card on a pc at work with no issues, even after a couple of restarts and what not.

Thanks
-Scott

Hi saxmonster,
the GA-B75M-D3P is the most uncomplicate motherboard for ML in my opinion. Is the motu sound card so necessary ? Because with a dsdt.aml file sound over hdmi in a very good quality is possible ...
Best regards,
Kai

Hi Kai,
Yes I kinda have to build the machine around this card as I have a lot invested in this recording rig. The card is used for recording purposes. I can connect up to for recording units to it. I use 2 Motu2408mkII's hooked up to it. So i have a lot of money invested in this sound card. Here is a link to MOTU to show how this works.

http://www.motu.com/products/pciaudio/2408

https://www.motu.com/store_products/hardware/pcie-424

its not a generic sound card. It basically a communication card for the recording devices to the hard disk.

I think I am going to get a new mobo. Just don't know if i should try a more expensive gigabyte or an asus or msi.

One guy told me that the bios was probably not managing resources correctly. How would i fix that?

thanks

Hey there. I've got the same kit and stuck. Not put Graphics card in yet so using ob etc. Set my bios right and booted from usb. It's just sat on the spinning cog and wont go any further? :(

Any help would be amazing.

Hey there. I've got the same kit and stuck. Not put Graphics card in yet so using ob etc. Set my bios right and booted from usb. It's just sat on the spinning cog and wont go any further? :(

Any help would be amazing.

This is where i'm up to :(

It's just stuck at spinning cog and the pic shows the machine stopping at

USBF: 67.769 AppleUSBEHCI found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0x1a timing out Addr:4, EP:2

Hi,
perhaps I can help you a little bit, because it is now my 4th installation (but now successful) of ML 10.8.2 on GA-B75M-D3H (ver. 1.1), Bios F12, and so I have some (little) experience:
- the first thing I can tell you, you have to be very disciplined while installing, I had a bad error too, and I managed today to fix that, but only by writing an installation diary - it clears up your mind too
- BIOS, interesting settings:
Intel virtualization technology: disabled
VT-d: disabled (10.8.2-update crashes when enabled)
EHCI hand off: enabled
XHCI hand off: enabled
Legacy USB: Auto
SATA set to AHCI
- USB stick made with Unibeast Lion v.1.5.2 (not Mountain Lion !), three partitions, one with Lion, one with Mountain Lion, one free for further products ...
- Multibeast v.5.2.1 Mountain Lion version
- my mouse and keyboard are wireless (Microsoft 3000), attached to an USB-Hub (8 ports), connected to an USB 2.0-port of the motherboard
- Installation ML 10.8 with Unibeast by USB-stick, Multibeast without dsdt, 1080-entry for org.chameleon.Boot.plist to have not distorted screen, when using HD4000-graphics port - that was all for the first moment. (Multibeast destroyed my oob-working Ethernet port).
- then I changed energy options not to touch my hard disk and my password
- Combo-Update 10.8.2 (installation by file, not directly online from the internet), again Multibeast without dsdt.aml file and Lnx-RTL 81xx driver, everything works fine with the exception of audio, try to avoid installing drivers you don´t need

10.02.2013--------START OF CORRECTION ----- the Lnx-RTL 81xx driver creates problems in waking up my USB-ports after being in sleep-mode, so changed it to the normal RTL-81xx driver of Multibeast v.5.2.1 --- END OF CORRECTION ---- eveything seems to be fine now

- HDMI-audio: generated a new dsdt.aml file with DSDT editor with the patches needed - if you need one (Bios Version F7 and F12 are available) please send me an email.
- at the end installation of HWMonitor with FAKESMC plugins for hardware temperature monitoring (see Multibeast).
- software installation for scanner and all the other products needed
- after that everything worked fine (see Correction please), and my error was to install a patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext, after that my system needed about 40 sec. to shutdown and reboot - the processes couldn´t be terminated immediately. Little thing, but big error and needed a fourth installation to figure it out.

I read the installation procedure from Moarfish here in the board before starting my installation - that was very helpful.

Problems with usb-mouse and keyboard I never had.

good luck, greetings from Germany,
kaithefinn

Hi there, I noticed that you were posting some help to someone with the rev 1.1 board. I have a problem that I can't get passed. My install halts at:
USBF: 67.314 AppleUSBEHCI Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0x1a, timing out! (Addr:3, EP2)

I wondered if you could help at all?

I did use your settings in the screen shot you supplied.

Many thanks

Ok Here is an update.

This is a great board. My audio problems with the artifacts were from a bad PCIE-424 card. I sent it back to MOTU and they swapped it out with a new card. Everything thing audio is crystal clear now. I guess one of the IC chip with clocking went bad, who knows.

I had an issue with an OWC usb external drive not working correctly on the usb. When I did a transfers it would slow down and stop completely. I updated the MOBO BIOS to the latest one and now I have no issues with that USB external drive.

So I am fully up and running with everything now. Thanks for all the help guys.

Next on my list is to find a firewire card to install and maybe a front usb/firewire access panel.

Thanks again.

Hi, I just finished my hackintosh and I decided to add the 1080p boot file because when I showed up at my login screen, there would be like 16 frames of the login screen. When I added this file through multibeast it is giving me an errror that won't let me boot into mountain lion. I can boot into safe mode with -x. I also installed the white chimera theme but I don't think this did it. I will attach a photo.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 385
Hi kalessi22,

your error is very difficult to valutate, because the screen shot is not sharp, on the other hand side the 1080 is not a file, ii is just an entry in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, so can you specify a little bit more your error ..

Best regards, Kai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back