Contribute
Register

Asus Q301LA-bsi5t17 (S301LA) – Yosemite Clover Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check for assertions before testing sleep...

assertions looks clean (all 0s)

rolled back to an older DSDT and lid close sleep is working again

assertions looks clean (all 0s)

rolled back to an older DSDT and lid close sleep is working again

Messing with LID code?

Messing with LID code?

no, if I recall correctly, I messed with XHC, HDAU, and b0d3.
I think instead of just replacing the Device b0d3 to HDAU, I replaced all b0d3 to HDAU.

not sure what I did. but I kept multiple copies of dsdt.aml and asl so I can roll back. I need a versioning system for my dsdt or just stop fiddling.

I still have the kernel assertion with AppleUSBXHCI again.

no, if I recall correctly, I messed with XHC, HDAU, and b0d3.
I think instead of just replacing the Device b0d3 to HDAU, I replaced all b0d3 to HDAU.

Yes... renames must be complete, not partial.

I still have the kernel assertion with AppleUSBXHCI again.

It is normal (it is present on real Macs too...)

yes I need to stop fiddling and not waste any more time on that card reader :)

Overall, I think the learning curve to go over to Clover and work on a new laptop was much shorter this time. When I started with the U310 (and Chimera) I had somewhat of a guide with a U410 thread. But there wasn't a thread for this particular Asus so it was a nice challenge.

just noticed something.
On bootup, usb3.0 port/hub works fine. after wake from sleep, the usb3.0 hub doesn't wake up or no longer recognized. in sysprefs, I see the uSB hi speed and super speed, but my usb2.0 webcam connected to this hub is no longer working. inserting flash drive will not get recognized

on config.plist, I have the -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag.
my current dsdt does not have the multiplex patch but it doesn't have any impact.

Rehabman, I read somewhere (forgot the thread) that you mentioned that there was a different multiplex patch for probooks. do you know what was changed or the thread/discussion? I want to look into changing it for my Asus.

just noticed something.
On bootup, usb3.0 port/hub works fine. after wake from sleep, the usb3.0 hub doesn't wake up or no longer recognized. in sysprefs, I see the uSB hi speed and super speed, but my usb2.0 webcam connected to this hub is no longer working. inserting flash drive will not get recognized

on config.plist, I have the -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag.
my current dsdt does not have the multiplex patch but it doesn't have any impact.

Rehabman, I read somewhere (forgot the thread) that you mentioned that there was a different multiplex patch for probooks. do you know what was changed or the thread/discussion? I want to look into changing it for my Asus.

What are you using for USB3?

appleusbxhci with usb 7/8 series dsdt patch

That's what I thought... but then you were talking about -gux_defer_usb2 which is specific to GenericUSBXHCI.kext....

Does your BIOS have an option for USB "deep sleep"? If so, disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back