Contribute
Register

Asus laptop dual booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok these are the steps I am taking. I and in the boot menu and I disabled fast booting. I go to save and quit then try and go pick my bootable USB. I press enter and every time I do that it just brings me back to the boot setting or whatever it's called. Help

BIOS Boot menu is not the same as BIOS setup.

You must insure:
- USB boot is enabled
- secure boot is disabled
- UEFI boot is enabled
- USB is created correctly

Ok here is what I have enabled and disabled. I have legacy support enabled, I have XHCI Pre-Boot Mode on smart audio, I have fast boot disabled, Launch CSM disabled, Secure boot control disabled, and my boot option #1 is UEFI San Disk Cruze Glide 1.27. I have all these setting and when I go to boot into my USB it sends me right back to the BIOS setup. Not sure what's happening...

Ok here is what I have enabled and disabled. I have legacy support enabled, I have XHCI Pre-Boot Mode on smart audio, I have fast boot disabled, Launch CSM disabled, Secure boot control disabled, and my boot option #1 is UEFI San Disk Cruze Glide 1.27. I have all these setting and when I go to boot into my USB it sends me right back to the BIOS setup. Not sure what's happening...

Post EFI folder.

What is the EFI folder?

Ok I am trying to setup my USB using clover but I am running into these issues. How to I change the format between MBR and GPT? Is HFS+J Mac OS Extended (journaled)? When you instal the one EFI Driver where on the USB so you put it? When it says preparing essential kexts what are kexts and how do I find where they are? Currently on my USB I have three folders EFI-Backups, Library, and usr. I really want to get this to work but I'm having issues.

Ok I am trying to setup my USB using clover but I am running into these issues. How to I change the format between MBR and GPT?

When you partition the drive it is an option ("Options" button).

Is HFS+J Mac OS Extended (journaled)?

Not really a question. What are you asking?

It is a When you instal the one EFI Driver where on the USB so you put it?

In the MBR scenario, the EFI folder is on the 'CLOVER EFI' partition you create.
In the GPT sceanrio, the EFI folder is on the automatically created (but not automatically mounted) EFI partition.

When it says preparing essential kexts what are kexts and how do I find where they are?

Links are provided in the guide. Please read it.

Currently on my USB I have three folders EFI-Backups, Library, and usr. I really want to get this to work but I'm having issues.

If you're lacking an EFI folder, then you didn't use the Clover installer correctly. Or perhaps you setup GPT and you're not looking at the EFI partition.

Sounds like you partitioned GPT, and your EFI folder is on the EFI partition on the USB. You need to mount EFI manually.

Not all computers can boot from a GPT USB. Best to use MBR and only use GPT if your computer can't boot UEFI to MBR.

Okay and in terminal when I do what it says and it is copying installer files to disk... Will it say something so I know it's done?

Okay and in terminal when I do what it says and it is copying installer files to disk... Will it say something so I know it's done?

Yes. Learn to be patient.

On well it keeps saying that my attempt to install app failed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back