Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
@samisnake,

I wonder why I am missing from the credits, again. I mean. Come on guys. It was me who did I the ground work for it, and that includes flaked's SpeedStepper. Seriously. Do your home work. Yeah man, if it wasn't for me, people would still be using NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

Be my guest. Go ask flaked, who will conform that it was me. Not even theking or anyone else, because it was me who got a patched BIOS from an Asus engineer. Nobody else ever did. All they did was copy it.

I tell you this. If things go on like this, that will most certainly hurt the hack community, and I don't want to be part of misinformation or theft (false claims).

Have a nice day.

-Sam aka RevoGirl (http://revogirl.wordpress.com)

DHP said:
@samisnake,

I wonder why I am missing from the credits, again. I mean. Come on guys. It was me who did I the ground work for it, and that includes flaked's SpeedStepper. Seriously. Do your home work. Yeah man, if it wasn't for me, people would still be using NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

Be my guest. Go ask flaked, who will conform that it was me. Not even theking or anyone else, because it was me who got a patched BIOS from an Asus engineer. Nobody else ever did. All they did was copy it.

I tell you this. If things go on like this, that will most certainly hurt the hack community, and I don't want to be part of misinformation or theft (false claims).

Have a nice day.

-Sam aka RevoGirl (http://revogirl.wordpress.com)

sam,
you would fall under the 'others' category who were mentioned in the first post and blog as the people who found this out.

you could have messaged me and i would have gladly added your name, as i will now.

edit- pm'ed and your name added to the first post ;)

is it preferable to go with these roms, considering speedstepper is fixed, or update the rom from Asus since there is a a few new ones in the last week. I'm really asking because I suppose I could update something in my dsdt instead...

thanks

also *how does speedstepper affect sleep ?

if you use one of these roms, youll have native speedstep.
if you use one of the latest roms from asus, use speedstepper to patch aicpupm.

ill get round to updating the repo with the latest roms in a couple days

if you use patch with speedstepper, or use a patched bios, sleep should work.
if you use nullcpu, it wont (without the use of sleepenabler)

samisnake said:
if you use one of these roms, youll have native speedstep.
if you use one of the latest roms from asus, use speedstepper to patch aicpupm.

ill get round to updating the repo with the latest roms in a couple days

if you use patch with speedstepper, or use a patched bios, sleep should work.
if you use nullcpu, it wont (without the use of sleepenabler)

thank you very much for your hard work and the clear answer :) I'll let you know the results

mobo: Asus p8z68v pro/Gen3

Using this patched Rom: http://download.deanwray.co.uk/files/sa ... dified.zip

I have tried several methods to install, not getting success yet.

1- dl and unzip in windows - can't unzip (maybe using a different app tried a few couldn't unzip)
2- can dl and unzip in osx, and put onto usb / fat32 memory stick, however in ez flash update, the rom could not be recognized.

Can anybody else out there with this specific mobo let me (and anyone else) know if they have had success with this rom update, I could be doing something incorrect.

thank you in advance..

test it now.
ive uploaded it as a rar file rather than zip.

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I've been looking for. I wish patched BIOS files could be created for Intel boards too such as the DQ67EP. I just ordered an Asus Maximus GENE-Z/GEN-3. I will report back once it arrives. Finally I can use a board with onboard Intel Gigabit Ethernet where I do not need NullCPUPowerManagement!

Asus P8B WS Possible?

I don't have the board as of yet, but I'm wondering if there might be any possibility that a patched BIOS could be created for the Asus P8B WS which uses the C206 chipset. I'm not sure how the patches work enough to know if there is even a possibility but, if there is, I might pick up the board to test. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back