Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
np, but remember that you will be flying solo with that board.

the board will work, the audio and lan are supported, but with the dsdt, there is no patch for your board on olarilla, so using the guide in my sig wont work. could try using a similar patch for another p8 board, but no guarantees.

another option is to find out which things need to be changed with the dsdt, and sort of learn by trial and error.

another option is not to use a patched dsdt at all. asus boards can boot up perfectly fine (and use sleep, speedstep works etc) without a patched dsdt (literally only using fakesmc and audio/lan kexts), but its not ideal.

samisnake said:
np, but remember that you will be flying solo with that board.

the board will work, the audio and lan are supported, but with the dsdt, there is no patch for your board on olarilla, so using the guide in my sig wont work. could try using a similar patch for another p8 board, but no guarantees.

another option is to find out which things need to be changed with the dsdt, and sort of learn by trial and error.

another option is not to use a patched dsdt at all. asus boards can boot up perfectly fine (and use sleep, speedstep works etc) without a patched dsdt (literally only using fakesmc and audio/lan kexts), but its not ideal.

I understand. I fully intend to get a working DSDT by trial and error if I have to. I will also submit a request to olarila once I get the board but I won't hold my breath. My experience with the DQ67EP has been very valuable but I've decided to sell it since NullCPUPowerManagement is essential and probably always will be. The patched Asus BIOS files have created a new solution that is exactly what I needed.

I am not going to get any other boards with RTL8111E network due to all the problems I have had with it. This means a board with built-in Intel Gigabit Ethernet. The two boards that exactly fit my criteria for different systems are the Asus P8B WS and Asus Maximus GENE-Z/GEN-3 and now with these patches those will potentially work great.

I'm sure I will be posting more once I get both boards and start working on the needed patches for the P8B WS. The Maximus GENE-Z (don't know if it will work for GEN-3) already has a patch file on olarila. Thank you again!

start a thread about your new board choices, i have some thoughts on both boards

There's a new bios update for P8Z68-V Pro/GEN-1
Version 3203
Description P8Z68-V-PRO BIOS 3203
1.Improve system stability.
2.Improve memory compatibility.
3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpus ... uage=en-us
* Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping MP version CPU.

File Size
4,45 (MBytes) 2012.02.27 update
Download: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z68-V_PRO/P8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-3203.zip

Could you please patch this new bios? :mrgreen:

those latest roms differ from the older roms, and because of that, so does the way of editing them.
for now, use the older roms, or use speedstepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back