Contribute
Register

ASUS 100 Series and Later Custom SSDT for XHCI USB Port Control

Given that the flash drive is blank except for its EFI partition, what should be expected to appear on a monitor if "booting" from that external drive is successful?

You should see the OpenCore boot menu icons (OpenCanopy) with your choice of bootable drives to select. Perhaps the main SSD and your USB drive. Select the main SSD etc.

:)

I do get what you describe. But since that OC Canopy GUI is the same for my SSD, how do I know it booted on the EFI-only flash drive and not my SSD? What do I do to prove that what I see is the result of booting on the flash drive and not my SSD? Should I change the Picker mode in the config.plist of the flash drive to "Builtin" and see if I get a text display when I try to boot on the flash drive?

I do get what you describe. But since that OC Canopy GUI is the same for my SSD, how do I know it booted on the EFI-only flash drive and not my SSD? What do I do to prove that what I see is the result of booting on the flash drive and not my SSD?

Just use the BIOS boot selector menu. (Is it F12 for your Gigabyte ?) :)

Yes, F12. But I have already set the external drive to the "Boot 1" preference. But there are still Boot 2 and Boot 3 selections available (my SSDs), and if the flash drive is kaput in some way, won't the BIOS just select Boot 2?

[Edit: I disabled my SSDs in BIOS and "booted" on the flash drive (I think). I'm now on that, and I opened IORegistryExplorer, and got the attached display, which is all correct for my USB ports. Should I now try your change and see if it will still boot?]

IOIE Display after USB Boot.jpg

Last edited:
Tried again with a Clover-type description of the replacement SSDT, but that gives the same IORE display as my post #125. Something else is wrong... maybe my config.plist. Also I deleted "USBPorts.kext" which I assume is not needed with this method... is that wrong? Could you show me the correct "look" in the config.plist? My current flash drive format is attached.

Incorrect config?.jpg

Tried the attached setup, which gives the same result as in post #125. Looks like no effect on the DSDT's OEM SSDT.
Flying totally blind here.

View attachment 517665

I'm not familiar with PlistEdit Pro. You might need to help me here. This is what I see (data converted to Base64):

Delete.jpg

:)

Last edited:
That doesn't work either. I tried your original instructions using OpenCore Configurator (version 2.36.1.0) and in PlistEdit Pro, the ACPI/Delete item looks like the attached screenshot. Still doesn't work, and gives the same IORE readout as in post #125. (Are you sure the TableLength should be "0"?)

If I re-do the Hackintool procedure and add SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext back in, I then do see the correct results in IORE as in my post #124.

PlistEdit Pro from OC Configure.jpg

Gave up on the "ACPI/Delete" (& etc.) procedure. The only way I get the correct USB port configuration is with the Hackintool/SSDT-USIAC.aml/USBPorts.kext combination. I did get OpenCore updated to 0.6.9, but the same thing applied. All is good now with the latter combo on OC 0.6.9 running Big Sur 11.3.1.

Back