Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure does. I looked at that earlier (and even tried deleting the network.plist file).. no luck. Still get the same error. Some people say try creating a second account and doing it that way.. I'll give that a whirl.

I had the same issues with this board when it was set to Mac Pro. once i set it to Mac Mini, App store, iMessage and my iTunes all worked as they should. The funny thing is, with my Asrock H77M-ITX board, I had to set it to Mac Pro...

i couldn't find an answer to this while browsing through the thread. has anyone gotten the onboard wifi to work?

i couldn't find an answer to this while browsing through the thread. has anyone gotten the onboard wifi to work?

The onboard Wifi will not work (the included wifi half height card is not supported). You need to replace it with the Dell atheros card.. it's in the 1st post. With that, WiFi works like a champ.

So everything has been working great on my dual boot hackintosh but I just switched the HDMI Intel HD4000 from a 1080p TV to a 720p TV and the screen is all garbled. I have tried several things to fix this with no luck. Anyone have some advice?

Thanks!

@Buckeyes1995

I was hustling to deal with the same login problems. What you need to do is to mix up the EFI Injection of the onboard graphics with the ethernet injection. I followed http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=23153&start=180

and finally it worked after a lot of other things I tried.

This is the original post by raymop

The EFI string method worked for me, too, although I had to toy around a little bit as I'm already using EFI strings to get dual video cards working.

The steps I followed:

1. I did the steps mentioned in the first post of this thread, although it didn't appear to have any effect. I'm mentioning it here because I have no idea whether it was necessary to get the App Store working on my setup. My only internet connection on this computer is over wifi, and neither of my ethernet ports are plugged in.

2. Download EFI Studio (I used 1.1, a google search brings you to it pretty quickly) and gfxutil (from the aquamac boards-- again, google is your friend here).

3. Use EFI studio to generate an EFI string for Ethernet. Copy the plist text, not the hex string, and put it in TextEdit or something for safekeeping.

4. Copy existing EFI string hex code from com.apple.boot.plist (in my case I had it in the one in /Extra, in your case things might be different depending on how you have your system set up). Save into a text file.

5. Convert that text file from hex to a plaintext plist file using gfxutil.
Example:
a) open terminal
b) cd /folder/where/gfxutil/is/located
c) ./gfxutil -i hex -o xml ./graphicshex.txt ./graphicsplist.plist

6. Take plaintext EFI string for ethernet from earlier and add it to the graphics EFI string. I'm not sure whether it matters, but I put the ethernet string before the graphics string.

7. Convert new combined plist to hex with gfxutil:
./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./combinedplist.plist ./combinedhex.txt

8. copy new hex string from combinedhex.txt (or whatever you named it) and paste into com.apple.boot.plist. Don't forget to put <key>device-properties</key> before it and to surround it with <string> </string> tags.

9. Reboot. You might also have to remove all network interfaces and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist too, but if I remember correctly I didn't have to.

For me it was necessary to remove all network interfaces and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist like quoted above.

And now all systems are up and running!!!

I wanted to say thank you to all of you. Just with this thread I built up my first hackintosh. Everything is running really well so far besides I have some bluetooth connection and starting issues I'm working on.

Hi to all...thanks to you, this thread is very useful but since the beginning of october I'm trying to build ML machine.
I have ASRock Z77E-ITX and Core i7-3770K but I use the integrated graphic card.

I've installed ML 10.8.2 and the system boot correctly.

The system doesn't boot after I use multibeast, I had tried a lot of combinations. I follow this thread in each part, but the system doesn't work. Just for example, if I ONLY change the bootmanager (only one flag on chimera option) when the ML restart...I take the gray screen
and I'm not able to restart the system (from boot option).

Some ideas? Can anyone help me?
thanks in advance

Hi All,

I have been following this thread for a while as this is my first hackintosh htpc and I wanted just to generally replicate the hardware and installation steps with ease. But MultiBeast moved on since summer and I have already reinstalled the system several times while figuring it out. I currently have the box hooked up to my iMac via the display port but I really would like to get hdmi video/audio fully working on 1080p/720p TVs.

I was wondering if someone will be so kind to have a look and edit my dsdt file to enable these and the proper power management?

The dsdt file was extracted after the fresh system install. No multibeast installed yet. I am using the on-board HD4000 only. Thanks!

View attachment asrock77e_bios1_4_patched_hd4000_i73770k.zip

Hi All,

I have been following this thread for a while as this is my first hackintosh htpc and I wanted just to generally replicate the hardware and installation steps with ease. But MultiBeast moved on since summer and I have already reinstalled the system several times while figuring it out. I currently have the box hooked up to my iMac via the display port but I really would like to get hdmi video/audio fully working on 1080p/720p TVs.

I was wondering if someone will be so kind to have a look and edit my dsdt file to enable these and the proper power management?

The dsdt file was extracted after the fresh system install. No multibeast installed yet. I am using the on-board HD4000 only. Thanks!

View attachment 40498

Heya.. I'll be happy to look at it.. I was going to update the thread to incorporate the new MB and BIOS 1.4.. I'll take a look at your DSDT and make all of the non-HDMI edits (that takes a lot more work). Should have it to you tomorrow evening.

That's great news. Any suggestions on how to install it with the current MB (e.g. what options to tick) are greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

That's great news. Any suggestions on how to install it with the current MB (e.g. what options to tick) are greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Here's your compiled DSDT. It should correct the "long sleep" issue and the Orange external drive issues. I have *NOT* tested it on the 1.40 bios (still running 1.30).

I haven't played around with Multibeast 5.2 yet, but I believe all you need are the following options:

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC898 (note I did not make the HDEF changes to your DSDT (it takes a while), so for now you can just usee the HDA Enabler that this installs.

That should be all you need to install. The new MB fixes the FakeSMC stuff, so you shouldn't have any issue. Copy (and unzip) the attached DSDT and place in your /extra folder (DSDT.aml).

Let me know how it turns out.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back