Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry....did not like buying used. LOL!!!!

How do you "remove" a DSDT when it KP's on you at every turn? Is it not too late to go back now?

Gonna try though......

Can someone give me a quick step by step guide from this point forward...

I have already replaced the WiFi card with the Dell card.

I re-flashed the modified BIOS and set the video memory to 32MB.

I installed Mac OS X 10.8 and updated to 10.8.2.

Can I use Kext Helper to install network and usb 3.0 and audio?

How do I install your DSDT?

Can I just run the commands to enable TRIM or do I need to install trim enabler first?

Where is the boot file I need to edit for HD 4000 to work?

Sorry....did not like buying used. LOL!!!!

How do you "remove" a DSDT when it KP's on you at every turn? Is it not too late to go back now?

Gonna try though......

You should be able to boot into safe mode (or boot via your USB installer) and just delete it from Extra. But its a good idea to keep a running backup of your build.. I backup mine with Carbon Copy Cloner to a usb 2.0 external drive.

annnndddd.......I am back to square ONE again. It Kp'ed on me and will not even go into safe mode either.

dammit!

Can I use Kext Helper to install network and usb 3.0 and audio?

Yup, use Kext Helper, drag all your kexts into the window, put in password, and reboot.

How do I install your DSDT?

Just copy DSDT.aml to /Extra

Can I just run the commands to enable TRIM or do I need to install trim enabler first?

You do not need to install the TRIM Enabler; just apply the patch (I suggest you make a backup of the original file)

Where is the boot file I need to edit for HD 4000 to work?

It's in /Extra 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist

boot using DSDT=Null

I tried DSDT=null and it never made it past the spinning circle and Grey Apple Logo screen last time I followed this guide

boot using DSDT=Null

That is a command I never heard of b4. Thanks that worked.

I cannot understand WHY this works for you and not me. How can I get the folders to not work as external? Speed up the Bootup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back