Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok that fixed that issue....

Lets do this one step at a time then because there has to be SOMETHING different between your boards despite the name. LOL!

( Off topic but if you can get my Gigabyte 460SE working that would be AWESOME....right now it is sitting on my printer. )

Ok!

Attached is a new DSDT with the 'long wakeup time' fix in it. Try this.. put the computer to sleep. make sure it wakes when immediately when you jiggle the mouse/keyboard.

PS. Samisnake is right, we should technically be doing this with your extracted DSDT.. but let's see where this goes.

Attachments

• dk_DSDT.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 86
Yeah, I agree.. I started that process with Highaltitude for that very reason.

Digi, if that DSDT does not work (the simple one), do the following and send me the .dsl file.

Download DSDT Editor;

File -> Extract DSDT
File -> Save DSL

Any chance you can do the same for me?

When I use your DSDT it boots to a KP and says I need to restart.

Then when I boot with DSDT=null it loads the Gray Apple Logo and the spinning circle but will not go back into the Desktop. Any thoughts?

My SSD is attached to SATA3_0

Any chance you can do the same for me?

When I use your DSDT it boots to a KP and says I need to restart.

Then when I boot with DSDT=null it loads the Gray Apple Logo and the spinning circle but will not go back into the Desktop. Any thoughts?

My SSD is attached to SATA3_0

Be happy to.

I don't know where your system "is" currently, so it's best if we backup to Samisnakes's advice.. reflash your board with the modfified 1.30 bios; install Mountain Lion; install Multibeast using ONLY UserDST/DSDT free checked. Let's make sure you can boot using the correct BIOS. Then we can edit your DSDT.

Please follow the previous instructions and send me your DSDT.dsl file.

Be happy to.

I don't know where your system "is" currently, so it's best if we backup to Samisnakes's advice.. reflash your board with the modfified 1.30 bios; install Mountain Lion; install Multibeast using ONLY UserDST/DSDT free checked. Let's make sure you can boot using the correct BIOS. Then we can edit your DSDT.

Please follow the previous instructions and send me your DSDT.dsl file.

I have done all of that. When I add your DSDT file it KP. Now I cant get back into OSX.

Ok!

Attached is a new DSDT with the 'long wakeup time' fix in it. Try this.. put the computer to sleep. make sure it wakes when immediately when you jiggle the mouse/keyboard.

PS. Samisnake is right, we should technically be doing this with your extracted DSDT.. but let's see where this goes.

You are right as I just realized that I am making you do the work and I apologize for that.

Attached is the requested file.
I will try that new dsdt in the meantime. I look forward to finding out why this is happening.

Attachments

• Digi.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 82
You are right as I just realized that I am making you do the work and I apologize for that.

Attached is the requested file.
I will try that new dsdt in the meantime. I look forward to finding out why this is happening.

Oh, no problem at all.. I enjoy this.

You sent me a DSL that already has those patches in them (I assume you extracted the DSL while you were booted using that simple DSDT)? Since it works, I assume you and I have identical DSDTs now.. but to be sure (if you want), boot with no DSDT and extract.. that way we're working with your virgin DSDT and not the dump from the simple one you tried for the drive icon fix.

typing 'DSDT=null' at the chameleon boot prompt doesn't fix the issue?

Do I use the ' and '?

DSDT=null is an endless load at the grey apple logo

Do I use the ' and '?

DSDT=null is an endless load at the grey apple logo

no, just DSDT=null.

If it's still not booting, then it's not a DSDT issue.. you most likely did something else.

do this at the chameleon boot prompt.

DSDT=null -v

and see where it's hanging up.

That latest DSDT fixed sleep as well for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back