Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Buckeyes1995,
been reading your thread for quite sometime for pass few moth. after preparing mentally and physically, only today i feel that im ready and i did start one. anyway thanks a lot for preparing this kind of guidance. it help most of us a lot.

Im Building a system with the following spec. close like your spec.
asrock z77e-itx mobo
intel i7 3770k itx
WD Blue HDD 1TB (created 2 partition)
Gskill 8G Ram
Winfast GTX670

Im installing 10.8.3.. Using mod bios v1.7
i follow your guide. After done installing from Unibeast USB drive, i try to boot from my OSX drive. here what happen.

situation1
without any argument at chimera - i will stuck at grey apple logo with no dotted circle. freeze there.
situation2
with only "DSDT=No -x -v -f" - i will go thru all the log progress in few minute and the end up with plain white screen. freeze there.
situation3
"GraphicsEnabler=No" - i will stuck at grey apple logo with dotted circle looping endlessly.
situation4
with "DSDT=No GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -f"
im able to enter the world of osx ML in safe mode.
-here i got internet access via LAN.
-no sound. (volume control always show full bar when adjust)
-try to test sound by open youtube. the page flashing/blinking weirdly. no sound.
-at about i can see all my hardware details correctly. my rig labeled as Mac Pro Early 2008.

so now i never able to boot my osx drive in normal mode. i try to use all the 3 DSDT.aml and all seem not fix the issue.

1. is it because of the powermanagement? i already flash my bios using the modified version 1.7. anyway how to know my current firmware is the correct one that come with the power management unlock? i notice obvios different is now i got new startup bios logo. last time tech yellow (claimed to be steal someone design) and now new green asrock logo. if im not update correctly would i be able to boot my osx disk in safe mode. another things, if i already flash it to v.17, can i flash it back to older version like v.16?
2. is it because im using 10.8.3 ML? if so how do i get the 10.8.2 version as this 10.8.3 version i just purchase and download from apple store. any chance to grab the old version anywhere with same purchase id?
3. is it my gtx670 issue? why i said that. as for the situation2. i still cannot boot to safe mode without "GraphicsEnabler=No".
4.is it because yourDSDT not compatible with my mobo? i did try all 3 by putting it in Extras folder. Can help to mod mine one? (attached)
5.if let say i install without any DSDT, technically i should be able to boot my osx disk right? as i already follow the selection same as what you use. there is nvidia selection already right?

20130401224513.jpg

20130401221247.jpg

Attachments

• xpedotxmac.dsl.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 70
Hi there, my guess is there are three issues:

a) There is no 1.70 BIOS. Did you mean 1.6 or 1.8?
b) The DSDTs I use (if you downloaded them from the original post) are for 1.60 BIOS. They will not work for 1.8. Suggest you reflash to 1.6 if you want to use my DSDTs, otherwise you'll need to roll your own.
c) I have not tested with a GTX 670. My suggestion is to remove the card and try and get it working first with the HD4000 first. Then search the forums for any info on 670.

Let me know!

no one has the download issue as i mention before? i still have these problems. i noticed also that some youtube films stops earlier then expected (could also be youtube related, but never have seen this before).

no one has the download issue as i mention before? i still have these problems. i noticed also that some youtube films stops earlier then expected (could also be youtube related, but never have seen this before).

its a known problem i have found, so you also must have these problems... (its a heavy load problem).

Hi Buckeyes,

i have put together all my components:

- Asrock Z77E-ITX
- Core i5 3570K
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB.

I followed your guide with some changes.

Here is what i did:

- flash BIOS to 1.60 (file from Post #1)
- Installed ML
- placed your DSDT.aml with HDMI Audio on the Desktop
- Installed the Kext from step 2. and 3. of your guide
- used MB 5.2.1 with the settings shown in the attached picture

After all this steps i rebooted.

So i got a running system and everything was working fine. After that i updated from 10.8.1 to 10.8.3 and also all was fine. I had a stable system i dont needed darkwake=10 or any injection. Appstore and HD4000 were working out of the box.

Now here comes the trouble.

After a while of using the system every time i tried to start system preferences the system prefs freeze. The colored circle is spinning all the time. I have to shutdown the system prefs app.

Do you have discovered the same issue?

Could it be DSDT related?

I would try to make my own DSDT but dont know what i have to change for solve the long wake problem and how to get speedstep. Can you give me some informations about that?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• MB 5.2.1.tiff
    594.4 KB · Views: 141
Is anybody experiencing long wake from sleep?
I mean, the machine wakes up after two seconds, but monitor takes about 120-140 seconds to wake up. Tried the command
Code:
pmset -a hibernatemode 0
and other values with no luck. Tried AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.8.1 Rollback from latest MultiBeast, nothing.
The only solution was AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.6.8 Rollback from latest MultiBeast, but geekbench got down from 14xxx to 11xxx. Bad solution.
Any DSDT patching idea?
Z77E ITX
i7 3770S
dsdt
ssdt for Ivy Bridge Power Management

Is anybody experiencing long wake from sleep?
I mean, the machine wakes up after two seconds, but monitor takes about 120-140 seconds to wake up. Tried the command
Code:
pmset -a hibernatemode 0
and other values with no luck. Tried AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.8.1 Rollback from latest MultiBeast, nothing.
The only solution was AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.6.8 Rollback from latest MultiBeast, but geekbench got down from 14xxx to 11xxx. Bad solution.
Any DSDT patching idea?
Z77E ITX
i7 3770S
dsdt
ssdt for Ivy Bridge Power Management

My DSDTs fix the long wake issue.. if you want to roll your own, simplyi remove the following line from the WAK method in your virgin DSDT.

\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)

Good luck.

My DSDTs fix the long wake issue.. if you want to roll your own, simplyi remove the following line from the WAK method in your virgin DSDT.

Good luck.

Thanks, Buckeyes. I'll try asap. I hope it will work, cause I have 1.80 bios. I'll post results.

EDIT: That did the job. Thanks! :thumbup:

Hello Buckeyes,

I'm still trying to roll my own DSDT. I have HDMI Sound working with the fixes by toleda. And have eliminated the long wake issue with your provided fix.

Good luck.

Now i want to enable Speed-step. I'm using Intel Core i5-3570K 3,4 GHz (Ivy Bridge) and the modded 1.60 Bios. Do i have to enable special settings in the bios to get speed-step working?

I want to patch my DSDT to get the speed-stepp for my CPU. Can you tell me which p-states i have to add to my DSDT? Is a SSDT.aml in /Extra's folder required when DSDT.aml is patched?

Thanks in advance

Hello Buckeyes,

I'm still trying to roll my own DSDT. I have HDMI Sound working with the fixes by toleda. And have eliminated the long wake issue with your provided fix.

Now i want to enable Speed-step. I'm using Intel Core i5-3570K 3,4 GHz (Ivy Bridge) and the modded 1.60 Bios. Do i have to enable special settings in the bios to get speed-step working?

I want to patch my DSDT to get the speed-stepp for my CPU. Can you tell me which p-states i have to add to my DSDT? Is a SSDT.aml in /Extra's folder required when DSDT.aml is patched?

Thanks in advance

I don't believe there's anything to do in the DSDT for speedstep. You should get some amount of speedstepping natively. You can tailor the SSDT.aml to try and force certain states, but to be honest, not sure how relevant an SSDT is under Ivy Bridge. I don't bother with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back