Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing sound is common with updates. Reinstall the kexts.

+1 Buckeyes1995. This is standard operating procedure (SOP) for OS X updates. As tonymacx86 stated in his 10.8.3 announcement OS X 10.8.3 Update
  • Updated audio drivers
    • You will have to reinstall the Patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast before rebooting.
    • If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications

Thanks!
This was the first OS update i have done on Hackintosh. Ran into it a bit blind.
Thanks for the help, next time i will check the front page before hitting update :).

Hello again -- been a while since I posted in this thread. My system has been running great since following this thread last fall.

Just wondering if anyone else here is having issues with playing iTunes HD purchases. I'm getting an error that my displays are not HDCP compliant, even though they are. I'm using iTunes 11.0.2 on 10.8.2 and it seems like it might be associated with this iTunes version, but wanted to check here also in case you guys have any thoughts.

hi guys,
just updated to 10.8.3, after reinstalling the sound everything seems to fine. But now I noticed that my bootloader is not going to work. I'm only able to start with the Unibeast-USB-Drive. The bootloader on the disk is only restarting restarting and restarting again....

Do you have any help for me?

[Edit] Back on track! Just installed the standalone version of Chimera and it runs again - http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=164

someone has any idea for the following? update to 10.8.3 just went fine, installed all the kext after i installed the combo update, everything is working! except when i download a huge file (1gb test file), or do a speedtest @ speedtest.net the network connection fails. any ideas?

the only way to get my EVGA 660Ti working in 10.8.3 was startup from a 10.8.2 backup and copy 4 extensions (S/L/E AppleIntelHD4000) from the 10.8.2 backup to 10.8.2 S/L/E hereby replacing the newer 10.8.3 ones. I use an ASRock Z77Extreme 4 & 3770K.

Hello Buckeyes1995 and all other members,

I have found this thread about starting a Hacki wile using the Z77e-itx from Asrock. I have to say that this thread is very nice. I'm also planning to buy the board because of its posibillety for WOL.

But i still have a question. Is the board supporting WOL over the Broadcom onbord LAN? I can not find informations about that. Would be great if somebody could give me an information about that.

Thx in advance

Hello Buckeyes1995 and all other members,

I have found this thread about starting a Hacki wile using the Z77e-itx from Asrock. I have to say that this thread is very nice. I'm also planning to buy the board because of its posibillety for WOL.

But i still have a question. Is the board supporting WOL over the Broadcom onbord LAN? I can not find informations about that. Would be great if somebody could give me an information about that.

Thx in advance

Hi there. I'm sure you'll love your Hack.

Yes, with the Broadcom drivers found in this thread WOL will work. The one caveat is, apparently OSX does NOT support WOL from power off via OSX.. meaning, you can WOL from sleep, from a 'hard' shutdown, even from a Windows shutdown.. but if you shutdown from OSX and attempt WOL it will not work.

Good luck!

Hi Buckeyes1995,

thanks for you're reply. So i have ordered the board. Im coming back when I have put together all components.

Thanks at all......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back