Contribute
Register

AppleALC.kext, Unplug headphones = no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the distortion problem is fixed, now only remains the original problem, when I unplug my headphones, I get no audio on my speakers.

In SF>Audio>Output, it switched back from headphones to internal speaker, but I get no audio on the speaker until I reboot.

When I replug my headphones, it works. but not the internal speakers.

That is likely a problem with the XML for your patched AppleHDA...

Could you suggest any possible fixes?

Try different patched AppleHDA, or learn about how to patch it yourself. Requires knowledge of how AppleHDA works and knowledge of the Intel HDA specfication.

Try different patched AppleHDA, or learn about how to patch it yourself. Requires knowledge of how AppleHDA works and knowledge of the Intel HDA specfication.

The thing is, I haven't patched my AppleHDA, that is the whole reason why I'm using AppleALC.kext, hence this post. even if the fix isn't ideal, is there anything that could fix this? even if it's manual like I have to do it everytime I start my computer.

The thing is, I haven't patched my AppleHDA, that is the whole reason why I'm using AppleALC.kext, hence this post. even if the fix isn't ideal, is there anything that could fix this? even if it's manual like I have to do it everytime I start my computer.

AppleALC is patching AppleHDA. The XML that controls it is within the kext. It is the same regardless of how you patch AppleHDA...

AppleALC is patching AppleHDA. The XML that controls it is within the kext. It is the same regardless of how you patch AppleHDA...

Ok is it possible for you to look at it and tell me any fixes? Would appreciate it.

I'll upload my clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 57
Ok is it possible for you to look at it and tell me any fixes? Would appreciate it.

I'll upload my clover folder.

If you have audio working, then everything Clover-wise is correct (layout-id, IRQ Fix, etc).

Your problem lies within the XML that drives the AppleHDA patching.

If you have audio working, then everything Clover-wise is correct (layout-id, IRQ Fix, etc).

Your problem lies within the XML that drives the AppleHDA patching.

Is there anyway I could go about fixing that?

Correct the XML. Read post #43.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, I haven't touched my AppleHDA, and also where, which and how do I fix the XML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back