Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790k @ 4.2GHz
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 970 3.5Gb (:P)
So I was using VoodooHDA 2.8.8 to get my audio to work, but the headphone jack didn't work.

So I uninstalled VoodooHDA and installed this kext called "AppleALC" and voila! it works perfectly.

Except when I plug in my headphones and use them, when I unplug, my computers audio goes silent until I reboot.

If I replug headphones then the audio will work fine in the headphones but no speakers.

So I was using VoodooHDA 2.8.8 to get my audio to work, but the headphone jack didn't work.

So I uninstalled VoodooHDA and installed this kext called "AppleALC" and voila! it works perfectly.

Except when I plug in my headphones and use them, when I unplug, my computers audio goes silent until I reboot.

If I replug headphones then the audio will work fine in the headphones but no speakers.

You could dump the codec node properties with CodecCommander/hda-verb (see scripts in CodecCommander project), then compare working vs. not working node/widget values.

After you have the differences, you can use hda-verb to see if correcting the difference helps. Requires knowledge of the HDA spec, familiarity with the command line, HDA verbs, etc.

You could dump the codec node properties with CodecCommander/hda-verb (see scripts in CodecCommander project), then compare working vs. not working node/widget values.

After you have the differences, you can use hda-verb to see if correcting the difference helps. Requires knowledge of the HDA spec, familiarity with the command line, HDA verbs, etc.

Sorry, I'm not very educated on this. How would I go about doing the things you said? specifically the first part...

Sorry, I'm not very educated on this. How would I go about doing the things you said? specifically the first part...

Install CodecCommander. Make a copy of the CodecCommander project. Install hda-verb where it is on your path (/usr/bin). Start experimenting with hda-verb and the scripts in the project (node_dump.sh, widget_dump.sh, etc). Compare output of working vs. not working. Read HDA spec so you have a clue as to which differences might be significant (make sure you have a codec dump handy, so you know how each node corresponds to audio hardware). Then experiment setting/correcting properties with hda-verb to see if you can "fix" the problem with hda-verb. After that, you can think about creating an automatic solution...

Patching AppleHDA (which is what AppleALC does) is relatively complex, and requires a fair bit of Intel HDA background knowledge to contribute effectively.

That AppleALC.kext looks very nice, and it's open source... I guess I'm switching to it :)

What do you think RehabMan? :D

That AppleALC.kext looks very nice, and it's open source... I guess I'm switching to it :)

What do you think RehabMan? :D

I have yet to test it. I think it may be overkill.

Patching AppleHDA is not difficult. Requirements:
- patching codec compares in AppleHDA via config.plist
- patching .xml.zlib -> .zml.zlib via config.plist
- adding *.zml.zlib files specific to the codec to AppleHDA Resources
- overriding pinconfigs with CodecCommander and SSDT

Well, It might not be difficult, BUT, if you can get your audio to work with just a simple drag and drop, why not?

OK, So fixed that problem, but again as usual a new one arose. When I use headphones, the audio is extremely distorted, it isn't like this using the speakers.

Solutions?

OK, So fixed that problem, but again as usual a new one arose. When I use headphones, the audio is extremely distorted, it isn't like this using the speakers.

Solutions?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here ya go, oh and BTW, I decided to ignore the previous problem since it isn't a major one and won't bother me. but the distortion is a major problem.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back