Contribute
Register

AppleALC.kext, Unplug headphones = no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? Clover uses it just fine and plistedit edits it just fine. Just the applealc problem.

100% sure.

Download the file you provided in post #18 and test by opening your CLOVER/config.plist in Xcode.

Forum text markup is not valid in a plist (this is what you have starting at line #379):
Code:
[B]                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//EA==
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//Hw==
                                </data>
                        </dict>[/B]

100% sure.

Download the file you provided in post #18 and test by opening your CLOVER/config.plist in Xcode.

Forum text markup is not valid in a plist (this is what you have starting at line #379):
Code:
[B]                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//EA==
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//Hw==
                                </data>
                        </dict>[/B]

I understand what you're saying, but if thats wrong how come it works? Without it USB 3 wouldn't work.

I'm not arguing, just saying why is it working?

I understand what you're saying, but if thats wrong how come it works? Without it USB 3 wouldn't work.

I'm not arguing, just saying why is it working?

That is not the config.plist you're using. Clover would not be able to read it.

Never use a text editor with your config.plist.

You should look closely at the text I provided in post #21. The "bold" tags used in forum markup (open bracket, B, close bracket; and open bracket, slash, B, close bracket) are not valid when placed in config.plist.

Note: The USB port limit patch is not appropriate for long term use. Use it only to determine the actual ports you need, then create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (see ammulder's Skylake Starter Guide).

That is not the config.plist you're using. Clover would not be able to read it.

Never use a text editor with your config.plist.

You should look closely at the text I provided in post #21. The "bold" tags used in forum markup (open bracket, B, close bracket; and open bracket, slash, B, close bracket) are not valid when placed in config.plist.

Note: The USB port limit patch is not appropriate for long term use. Use it only to determine the actual ports you need, then create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (see ammulder's Skylake Starter Guide).

Ok, I'm on a plane rn (it has internet!). When I land, I'll get to work on the plist.

But here is why i use textedit. I dont know how to add dict using plistedit pro. Would you please provide a short set of instrucations to do that?

Ok, I'm on a plane rn (it has internet!). When I land, I'll get to work on the plist.

But here is why i use textedit. I dont know how to add dict using plistedit pro. Would you please provide a short set of instrucations to do that?

I don't use PlistEdit Pro (I use Xcode). But I'm certain you can figure it out with a little bit of experimentation.

I don't use PlistEdit Pro (I use Xcode). But I'm certain you can figure it out with a little bit of experimentation.

I got Xcode, It's the same interface, and I still don't know how to add "dict".

You simply change the node "Type" to "Dictionary".

Obviously I figured that out already, how do I add the actual dict "text" into that array?

What do you mean by: dict "text"?

This:
Code:
            <key>KextsToPatch</key>
                <array>
                           <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//EA==
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//Hw==
                                </data>
                        </dict>

Status