Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does anybody know how to get tonymacx86 to work on Intel GMA HD for the Intel Core i5 661 that has 900MHZ Video

Sicor12 said:
That sucks but thanks :D

Just got an H55N-USB3 with an i3 530, and will be doing some testing. I'll be working on testing various methods to enable the onboard graphics- at least resolution switching if not full acceleration. :thumbup:

Well, I'm going to get a Palit GTS 250 with either 1GB or 512MB of DDR3 Memory but you can still ask if you want me to test and make sure it works great

hey tony, any luck with that?

i just need to get to the install screen!

(can't enable ahci in bios)

Yes there is!!! :D

I am testing out a HP Pavilion G4-1021TU on this, and it uses this chip.

You can do it!! Just download iBoot 3.3.0, burn it to a DVD and use Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail DVD if you can find one.

When you boot from the iBoot DVD, it will stop when you see the drives. Take your iBoot DVD out and replace
wit the Snow Leopard DVD. Press F5 on your keyboard to load it, highlight the Snow Leopard OSX Install icon, and type at Chameleon prompt:

- v -x PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1

And let it load. It'll take a looong while, even to the point you think it doesn't work, but it does.
Then you will get to the installer screen. From there you can see what options are available.
I would suggest try the default setting and see how it goes...

Yes there is!!! :D

I am testing out a HP Pavilion G4-1021TU on this, and it uses this chip.

You can do it!! Just download iBoot 3.3.0, burn it to a DVD and use Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail DVD if you can find one.

When you boot from the iBoot DVD, it will stop when you see the drives. Take your iBoot DVD out and replace
wit the Snow Leopard DVD. Press F5 on your keyboard to load it, highlight the Snow Leopard OSX Install icon, and type at Chameleon prompt:

- v -x PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1

And let it load. It'll take a looong while, even to the point you think it doesn't work, but it does.
Then you will get to the installer screen. From there you can see what options are available.
I would suggest try the default setting and see how it goes...

Middleman
Good to know - and what would be better to know is what chipset you have in your GMA as Intel has manufactured a lot of them

Here is the wikipedia link on this subject the shows the versions the Intel has made and continues to make.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

Its been my experienced and as others have stated - that this is a hit or miss proposition - coverage is not universal!

As the saying goes - " Your Mileage may Vary".

Mine is just called 'Intel HD' on the specs sheet. I don't know what that means....
I only know it is GMA-based, but HD. My system has a 2.53 GHz Intel Core i3-380M chip inside with 4GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM.

Mine is just called 'Intel HD' on the specs sheet. I don't know what that means....
I only know it is GMA-based, but HD. My system has a 2.53 GHz Intel Core i3-380M chip inside with 4GB of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM.

Middleman

This is where the utility Free Everest Home Edition 2.2 come in - it will list the components names that way one knows what one has !

You can ( not saying you should) use this utility which is newer from my notes.

Resource tool for inspecting hardware on you system ..
Everest free edition 2.20
or
http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back