Contribute
Register

AMD HD R9 280 3GB (dev id 0x679A1002) showing only 7MB VRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try with different one.

If not giving any thing more positively then open a new thread in this forum's Graphics Section with your issue titled. That will help you to get fast better response/solution for this issue.

Thank you for your help, unfortunately it didn't work. I will do a fresh install and start anew.

Thank you for your help, unfortunately it didn't work. I will do a fresh install and start anew.

Before reinstallation, if you want you can try the below steps too,

1. Repair disk permissions and rebuild kernel cache and kext caches. Then reboot and check.
2. Inject ID of the R9-280X through the CLOVER.

Hi, did you have any luck finding a fix for this?
I'm going to hopefully boot Yosemite on to my PC in the coming future. Any advice you can give?

P.s - I'm just wondering because i have the same GPU

I'm going to hopefully boot Yosemite on to my PC in the coming future. Any advice you can give?

Hello Luke714,

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format. Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website.

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

I didn't do a fresh install yet, although I am going to play with some new Framebuffer personalities. It turns out that R9 280 has 5 connectors, not 4 (if I had bothered to count them I would nto have spent three days looking for a solution). There are only 3 Personalities in AMD7000controller.kext that have 5 connectors: Ebi, Gari and Chutoro. I will try these tonight and see if any of them work.

Futomaki has 4 connectors, so no wonder it didn't work. I'll revert with solutions.

I didn't do a fresh install yet, although I am going to play with some new Framebuffer personalities. It turns out that R9 280 has 5 connectors, not 4 (if I had bothered to count them I would nto have spent three days looking for a solution). There are only 3 Personalities in AMD7000controller.kext that have 5 connectors: Ebi, Gari and Chutoro. I will try these tonight and see if any of them work.Futomaki has 4 connectors, so no wonder it didn't work. I'll revert with solutions.
Please keep me updated if you get it to work :)

I've actually managed to get the R9 280 to work, is that the same GPU you're running?

Nope, I'm not using clover. I used the standard UniBeast method.
Have you managed to boot Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back