Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3/S5 Ultrabook Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acer Aspire S3/S5 Ultrabook Master Forum

only Ultrabooks, which are missing real built-in Ethernet (Macbook Airs, too... so maybe I need a better smbios) would have this problem... I would hope the wireless solution would work... can't be sure, though. The Apple USB to Ethernet can't fool the App store, (I tried)

I'm receiving this week my S3-951 (i5 model), and I already have my Dell DW1510 rebranded as an Airport Extreme waiting here ;-). I will keep you updated

Hello:

I have received today my S3-951 (i5 core). After replacing the wireless card with the Dell DW1510 (rebranded as an Airport Extreme), I can connect to the appstore without any problem on Mountain Lion. The card is detected as an original Apple's wireless card.
For the installation, I have followed this thread: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=65582 , but used chimera 1.11.1 as boot loader ;-)

The SD card does not work for me, and the trackpad works as a mouse but not very fine though. This machine seems to me one of the best portable hackintosh. Almost perfect ;-)

Hello:

Has anyone tried to update to 10.8.1 or to get multitouch or sd card slot working?

Thanks

Hello:

Has anyone tried to update to 10.8.1 or to get multitouch or sd card slot working?

Thanks

have you tried the kext from the elan touchpad thread?
I tried it, and isnt working for me, but i want to try changing the vendor and device ID in plist file. could you or anyone else with Acer S3 tell me vendor and device ID please cause I can't see it, i have no more windows on my S3, only osx.

Has anyone manage to make a dsdt.aml file for the S3-391-i5-3317U (with Intel HD Graphics 4000)?
The dsdt.aml files for other versions of S3-391 does not work with this model.

Hello,

I have an Aspire S3-951 (C). I used thiss thread to install ML. I am using a USB Wifi (N10) and it works fine. Everything else with exception of the sound works ok. I have installed the AcerS3 ALC269 Audio fix 10.8 and the AppleHDA.kext. I can see the sound icon on top and change the volume level, but no sound is produced.

your help i appreciated.

thanks

Yuksel

In this chinese post:

http://acer.it168.com/thread-1895563-1-1.html

You have mountain lios s3.zip file with working kext for ML. I did this this way and everything but the SD and touchpad is working perfect.

Good luck!

thanks. It worked. you are great...

Hi,
I have S3 951 i5 HDD 320 + SSD 20Go
When i boot, I have to clic on Mountain Lion / Apple logo to start it (see attached picture)

Does someone has an idea how to not have to clic on, just that it automatically boot ?

Also I have trouble with some Fn keys that don't work at all

Does any fix for touch-pad with gesture

Thx

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 658
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back