Contribute
Register

$421 Simple PowerHac G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again Dr.

As OSX manages fan speed micro? is silent? who regulates the speed EFI motherboard or OSX?

Thanks!

Hello again Dr.

As OSX manages fan speed micro? is silent? who regulates the speed EFI motherboard or OSX?

Thanks!

The motherboard regulates the fan speed. The three PowerMac G5s are the quietest computers I've ever built and they are nearly silent in operation. Since I am using Intel HD graphics, the computers only have four fans: the CPU fan, the PSU fan, and two Antec 92mm Tri-Cool fans mounted in the rear fan bracket. Here's what HWMonitor looks like as I write this (ignore the PCH die reading as it is clearly false).

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 8.46.29 AM.png

Hi Dr.

You could test the performance of your system? Is to have a reference compared to a mac mini.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2362295

Thanks!!

Isabido,

I am about 400 miles away from my computer at the moment, but the Geekbench2 score for the Haswell i3 4340 is 10,164. I can tell you from experience that both the i3 3225 and i3 4340 are much faster than the i5 mac minis. I've never used an i7 Mac mini, so I can't speak to how well it compares to my builds. I'll post a saved screenshot for you when I get home Tuesday.

Tom

thank you very much for your fast responses, and patience.

Hello Dr.

Finally I bought a I5-4570/GA-B85M-D3H.

I have 4x2G DDR3 1066 CL7 ram. But I see that this board only supports 1333/1600.

Think that might work?

What a bad luck!

Hello Dr.

Finally I bought a I5-4570/GA-B85M-D3H.

I have 4x2G DDR3 1066 CL7 ram. But I see that this board only supports 1333/1600.

Think that might work?

What a bad luck!

Isabido,

I looked on the Gigabyte website to see what memory was supported and I didn't see any 1066 modules on their list. I would definitely go with DDR3 1600 if possible.

Tom

Indeed in the list does not appear. The problem is that it was memories he had at home ready for use.

The proved, but I'm afraid I'll have to buy new memories.

Excuse my poor english.

thanks

Hello Dr. I have installed the B85M + i5-4570 + 4GB DDR3 1600

I had to disable the option in the bios VT-d, if you do not, the installation does not start, stays in gray screen with the cursor as a colored balloon.

It also occurred to me that after loading the Multibeast with DSDTFree, the network card is lost. I had to be loaded from Multibeast "Realtek-AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6"

Finally my Geekbench results I see too modest compared to your results.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2366866

I also find it strange that I detected as a Hackintos pc instead of a 3.1 macpro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back