Contribute
Register

$421 Simple PowerHac G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrTom Hi, I am planning to buy this combo (b85m d3h + Intel I3 4330)

Is it possible to choose in Multibeast DSDT-Free mode? as can be done with the GA-Z87MX-D3H.

this board does not require a DSDT?

You could upload your configuration file for Multibeast?

Thanks in advance!

DrTom Hi, I am planning to buy this combo (b85m d3h + Intel I3 4330)
Is it possible to choose in Multibeast DSDT-Free mode? as can be done with the GA-Z87MX-D3H.
this board does not require a DSDT?
You could upload your configuration file for Multibeast?

Thanks in advance!

Isabido,

This board does not need a DSDT file. The Multibeast configuration that works for me is pictured below:

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.09.55 PM.png

You can add the FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor application if you'd like but neither is absolutely necessary.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I think is the perfect board for daily use (internet navigation and multimedia)

The high-end Z87 is expensive and I do not think that he bring his performance.

Hello again Dr. Tom, still do not buy the motherboard.

Continuous stable during these days? Or think it's better not to risk and go straight for the Z87.

Thanks again!

Hello again Dr. Tom, still do not buy the motherboard.

Continuous stable during these days? Or think it's better not to risk and go straight for the Z87.

Thanks again!

Isabido,

The B85 remains very stable and has been running 24/7. There is no need to spent the extra money for the Z87 unless you wish to use an unlocked i5 or i7 CPU or need some feature, like Thunderbolt, that the B85 doesn't support.

Tom

Thanks!!! Dr.

Think you may have a problem with this micro:
Intel Core i5-4670K

I have doubt which to choose:
Intel Core i3-4330 vs Intel Core i5-4670K

Thanks!!! Dr.

Think you may have a problem with this micro:
Intel Core i5-4670K

I have doubt which to choose:
Intel Core i3-4330 vs Intel Core i5-4670K

Isabido,

Either CPU will work fine on the B85 chipset. For daily use you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, though the i5 is a bit faster and would be better for CPU intensive activities. What you won't be able to do with the B85 chipset is to overclock the i5-4670K, so if that might be important to you in the future, you should go with the Z87 chipset.

Tom

Dr. Tom,

I purchased the same exact motherboard and will be installing Mavericks. Any problems with sleep or power management on your setup. I am also using the same exact CPU.

Thanks,

Dear Dr. Tom,

I was reviewing your Multibeast configuration diagram and I did not see the drivers for ethernet posted.

Can you also give me a link to your B85M build once again. I like to review it in detail.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back