1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

For some reason my dvd drive when i load a disc in it, it works, then when i try to eject i it wont eject but the icon stays on the desktop

then it wont play or eject until i restart.

Is something wrong i am using a sata drive, my dvd drive is running fine in Windows.

How are you trying to eject it? Via the eject button or via right clicking on the mounted image on the desktop and clicking Eject or clicking the Eject button on the upper task bar?

My eject button on the actual DVD drive doesn't work, so I need to use one of the other 2 methods.

i tried them all

Now i am looknig under system profiler and i do not see my dvd drive there.

You won't be able to eject any discs using the button on your disc drive. In three different hackintosh systems, I've never been able to eject a disc without doing it through Mac OS X itself.

Which ports on your motherboard do you have the sata drive plugged into? Make sure it's plugged in properly.

adamsmasher said:
You won't be able to eject any discs using the button on your disc drive. In three different hackintosh systems, I've never been able to eject a disc without doing it through Mac OS X itself.

Which ports on your motherboard do you have the sata drive plugged into? Make sure it's plugged in properly.

Either drag the disk icon to the trash can or right click and choose eject. I've not been able to use my eject button ever. Kind of like a slot loading iMac. ;)

i restarted and it is working fine, it got stuck when i used the eject button.
On my MacBook Pro i get the eject icon and i saw it yesterday on my hackintosh but today it is not showing anymore.

i just found that the built in DVD player app isn't working. I can watch DVDs using VLC just fine but if I try to launch the built in player app it just never comes up.

ne0shell said:
i just found that the built in DVD player app isn't working. I can watch DVDs using VLC just fine but if I try to launch the built in player app it just never comes up.

That happened to me way back on Tiger, but not recently. I can launch, play using DVD Player just fine. :think: :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back