Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Intel Pentium e5800 with socket LGA775. I'd prefer a motherboard with on-board graphics for now that's compatible. I found quite a few on newegg but all of them were DDR2. Does anybody know of one that's compatible in the easiest possible way with DDR3 and a chipset? Thanks for the help guys.

bracus said:
I have an Intel Pentium e5800 with socket LGA775. I'd prefer a motherboard with on-board graphics for now that's compatible. I found quite a few on newegg but all of them were DDR2. Does anybody know of one that's compatible in the easiest possible way with DDR3 and a chipset? Thanks for the help guys.

The integrated graphics in that generation are not supported. Sorry.

Damn, that sucks. Would you have a recommendation of the cheapest motherboard and graphics card I should get? The most graphic intense thing I'll be doing is just watching hd videos. No games or nothing else though. Also if you know of something that may cost just a little more but is easier to set up, I'd prefer to go that route.

bracus said:
Damn, that sucks. Would you have a recommendation of the cheapest motherboard and graphics card I should get? The most graphic intense thing I'll be doing is just watching hd videos. No games or nothing else though. Also if you know of something that may cost just a little more but is easier to set up, I'd prefer to go that route.

Go with any motherboard which has..

1) A DSDT file in the database
2) Realtek audio and ethernet

As far as the graphics card, a 512mb Geforce 210 will work fine for your uses.

bracus said:

I bought the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 which has Intel HD3000 graphics built-in. You'll need a compatible processor though. I splurged on the Core i7-2600K. The cheapest processor with HD3000 is the Core i3-2105. Both parts together will set you back about $270.

I haven't tried playing games yet but for normal desktop use and watching videos it's more than adequate. I didn't want a separate card because I wanted to go as quiet/low power as possible.

heddhunter said:
I bought the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 which has Intel HD3000 graphics built-in. You'll need a compatible processor though. I splurged on the Core i7-2600K. The cheapest processor with HD3000 is the Core i3-2105. Both parts together will set you back about $270.

I think he is just looking for something to work with his current components, but you are correct, this is a good solution IF you want to spend the money.

Whenever I search for motherboards, how can I tell if it already has the DSDT file?

Does anybody have one that they've used and recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back