Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just finished building my first Hackintosh.

I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard, i7-2700k CPU, & AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB.

My first issue is not knowing which of the DSDTs to use. Four options, from F6 to F9.
I read on the forum somewhere that you know from the BIOS, or start up, but I can't seem to find anything that relates.

I do know the mobo (Motherboard) is Rev. 1.0, so I assumed it's the first option, F6. But I hope someone would correct me in this matter.

Now, to my real complication.
I went ahead and installed the F6 DSDT, and all the required Kexts, for audio, LAN, graphics, USB 3.0, Sata, eSata, etc.

The mobo has 6 integrated USB 3.0 ports, but only two of those are working =\
The other 4, if I insert a USB 3.0 device, doesn't even detect it, but if I insert a USB 2.0 device, works fine..

If I boot Windows 7, the ports work fine..

Like I mentioned, I have MultiBeast's USB 3.0 Kext installed.. I hope to get the rest of the ports working.. If anyone could help with the matter, it would be much appreciated.

Faisal_Biyari said:

My first issue is not knowing which of the DSDTs to use. Four options, from F6 to F9.
I read on the forum somewhere that you know from the BIOS, or start up, but I can't seem to find anything that relates.

I do know the mobo (Motherboard) is Rev. 1.0, so I assumed it's the first option, F6. But I hope someone would correct me in this matter.

I went ahead and installed the F6 DSDT, and all the required Kexts, for audio, LAN, graphics, USB 3.0, Sata, eSata, etc.

The other 4, if I insert a USB 3.0 device, doesn't even detect it, but if I insert a USB 2.0 device, works fine..

Like I mentioned, I have MultiBeast's USB 3.0 Kext installed.. I hope to get the rest of the ports working.. If anyone could help with the matter, it would be much appreciated.

the DSDT (F6 to F9) has to do with the version of the BIOS, to know the version,
boot into the BIOS, go to MIT Settings, and look at the BIOS version, i recommend updating your BIOS to the latest version that is available in the DSDT database, because they are more stable. ALSO, AN IMPORTANT NOTE IS THAT YOUR DSDT VERSION MUST BE THE SAME AS THE BIOS VERSION (F6-F9) Good luck! :headbang:

Have you been successful in enabling built-in eSATA on your Hackintosh?

Faisal_Biyari said:

I have basically have the same core setup as you. Like someone already mentioned, the F6-F9 is based on your BIO version (press DELETE at bootup screen to enter Bio's). You want to go to the DSDT datebase on this site and download the F9 version (F10 is the latest, but not DSDT on it yet). Once you have that downloaded the bio's from the gigabyte site and also download the dsdt from the database, you can then go ahead and flash your bios. Oh extract the downloaded Bio's that you got from the gigabyte site and extract the file called "Z68XUD7.F9".

Once that is done then place it onto a memory stick and flash your bios. After that is done, make sure you have the F9 DSDT file renamed to, "DSDT.aml" and place it onto your desktop and then run the latest multibeast using the userdsdt setting (also install your sound, etc).

tashdor said:

+1 on this, I've got everything working but eSATA, anyone with a solution?

tashdor said:

ILLcamaras said:
+1 on this, I've got everything working but eSATA, anyone with a solution?

Yeah, I have 6 eSata ports, all of which are fully functional (But don't support Hot Swap).
(Two built-in ports that double as USB, two ports on an ePCI card, and two internal Sata Converted to eSata)

I'm constantly using 4 of them, soon to be all of them at the same time (Hard Drives connected and work well).

The trick is, you have to connect the hard drives first, and THEN start the computer. (Make sure to install the Sata or eSata kexts using MultiBeast)

If you connect and disconnect the hard drives however many time while the OS X is on, no change will be detected.

The Sata kext doesn't support hot swab. It is said that eSata kext does, but not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back