970 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to the community,

I'm looking forward to build next week a video editing hackintosh. I'm far from dual xeon or other super hackpro so i except my build would be valid.

Intel Core i7-2600K Processor 3.4GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 - Intel
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Memory Vengeance 16 Quad Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz
CRUCIAL CT064M4SSD2 REALSSD C400 2.5'' 64 GB SATA III MLC INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

I'll add some 1Tb drive, my last question remains to graphic card, with new CS6 feature (ray engine with CUDA rendering) as it is for Premiere 5.5. I will aim for a GT4xx Series assuming its supported.

With this configuration and DSDTed Lion install (already bought) i will get sleep without kext and full support for all devices. I never installed hackintosh Lion with DSDT only SL with old iBoot method, is there something i need to know besides tonymac's guides ?

Thanks again for everything : )

Re: Video Editing Build for Approval

Assuming you don't already own a GTX 4xx series card, why not get a newer model 5xx series? Just curious as they are supported in Lion as well.

@wfj : you highlight an intersting point, i've done some search about CUDA and CS6 gpu rendering. 4xx seems less expensive for count of CUDA cores. GT450 first of them. But you are right i found GTX 550 not so expensive with a good 192 cuda core and sli capable.

Thanks for those advices,

erz said:
@wfj : you highlight an intersting point, i've done some search about CUDA and CS6 gpu rendering. 4xx seems less expensive for count of CUDA cores. GT450 first of them. But you are right i found GTX 550 not so expensive with a good 192 cuda core and sli capable.

Thanks for those advices,

I see...with the release of the 600 series, there are some pretty good deals floating around on the 500 series cards if you keep your eyes peeled. If you end up looking at a gtx 460, make sure you're getting the 256 bit version and not the handicapped 192 bit version.

Cheers...

Nice catch, we will go for 500 series. I'll be back if the build goes on :)

Thanks again,

Nice i would add, i just bought hardware parts i choose :
- i7 2600k
- z68a dh3-b3 F11
- 16 Gb Corsair
- GTX 550 ti
- Crucial M4 64 Gb

I boot on a an Unibeast made usb stick, was able to install without bootflags, reboot without bootflags, install with DSDT and multibeast tweaks from the golden build with the z68x dh3-b3. Installation took less time than time to set up Lion usb stick. Trim works. Cuda works. Everything seems to work. I don't know about sleep.

+13000 geekbench
47 fps at OpenGL Cinebench R11.5
7.84 pts at CPU Cinebench R11.5

Thanks again Tonymac, it's easier to install Osx than Win. Reliable and rock solid for work.

Best Regards to community.

erz said:
Nice i would add, i just bought hardware parts i choose :
- i7 2600k
- z68a dh3-b3 F11
- 16 Gb Corsair
- GTX 550 ti
- Crucial M4 64 Gb

I boot on a an Unibeast made usb stick, was able to install without bootflags, reboot without bootflags, install with DSDT and multibeast tweaks from the golden build with the z68x dh3-b3. Installation took less time than time to set up Lion usb stick. Trim works. Cuda works. Everything seems to work. I don't know about sleep.

+13000 geekbench
47 fps at OpenGL Cinebench R11.5
7.84 pts at CPU Cinebench R11.5

Thanks again Tonymac, it's easier to install Osx than Win. Reliable and rock solid for work.

Best Regards to community.

Cool huh? Nice work...BTW, cinebench is known not to really work with fermi based nvidia cards. Check out unigine heaven benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back