Contribute
Register

HDMI sound on GT240 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
The GT 240 AppleHDA binary edit is missing (0d 00 de 10)
The GT 240 AppleHDAController edit is fine.

Finish the edits and install. If you get the black screen on restart, try this:
1. Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, you should get to the desktop with 888 on board audio and no HDMI audio. Shutdown
2. Boot normally (GraphicsEnabler=Yes). If you get the black screen again, reboot GE=N and reinstall 888 (non GT 240). If boot is successful, verify 888 on board and HDMI audio.

Reply with results and copy of IOReg.

I made the edit and installed the kext. After reboot booting went without a problem, i have onboard sound, but no HDMI sound. Cant see it in preferences\sound\output either.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • iogregsav.zip
    400.1 KB · Views: 73
ikbenut said:
I made the edit and installed the kext. After reboot booting went without a problem, i have onboard sound, but no HDMI sound. Cant see it in preferences\sound\output either.
The AppleHDAController edit is wrong. There are only two instances of de 10 e4 0b and there should be 4. It is better to start fresh than try to fix it.

toleda said:
The AppleHDAController edit is wrong. There are only two instances of de 10 e4 0b and there should be 4. It is better to start fresh than try to fix it.

Odd, i double checked the edits to be sure.
Did the edits again from skratch with the 888 kext. After reboot black screen. Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and i only get white screen with apple logo. Fortunately i can vnc to the desktop. Reboot still black screen. Reinstalled the original 888 kext and onboard sound working and no hdmi sound.

attached my latest edited AppleHDA.kext

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
toleda said:
Last hope. Install as is.

Installed kext, HDMI sound working but onboard not. I do see it in sound devices but no sound from onboard.

toleda said:
ikbenut said:
Installed kext, HDMI sound working but onboard not. I do see it in sound devices but no sound from onboard.
I don't know what is wrong.

Me neiter, but thanx for the help anyway :thumbup:
I will keep reading more about hdmi audion on this forum and maybe one day i find the solution and if i do ill report it back.

ikbenut said:
toleda said:
ikbenut said:
I don't know what is wrong.

Me neiter, but thanx for the help anyway :thumbup:
I will keep reading more about hdmi audion on this forum and maybe one day i find the solution and if i do ill report it back.

so there wasn't a solution for this problem? i've the same configuration ikbenut

ikbenut said:
You may get the black screen, install as is.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
toleda said:
ikbenut said:
You may get the black screen, install as is.

Yessssss it works :mrgreen: , i dont know how you did it but thank you very much :clap:

I had NO blanks screen at startup and or any other error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back