Contribute
Register

SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics! [TESTING COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics Testing! [DOWNLOAD]

Ok i redid everthing i tried the Stock AppleIntelGraphicsHD.kext and stock SNB Framebuffer kext and my Intel HD 3000 gets recognized with QE/CI but with this insane screen problem.
I look up that our i5 2410m is used in the Mac Mini, maybe OSX Lion have a problem with this?

Tony please help :crazy: are we on the right track with the connectors? I read in other Forum, all Laptops with the Hardware ID 0116 ( that uses internal screen) have this problem.

EDIT: Ok i think we can be 90% sure its a connector problem, i read that lion use the smbios.plist to determine what connectors to use. As our Laptops use other connector schemes than normal macbooks all gets messed up. All we need is a stock SMB Frambuffer that is modded to only use LVDS connector. We would lose DP/HDMI for now but i think that can be fixed in the future, what we need more than external ports is the internal display to work.

So somebody know how to fix SMB Frambuffer kext to ONLY use LVDS? It must be modifed in a way that the smbios of the MacbookPro8.1 point ONLY to LVDS connector.

siou said:
So somebody know how to fix SMB Frambuffer kext to ONLY use LVDS? It must be modifed in a way that the smbios of the MacbookPro8.1 point ONLY to LVDS connector.
Here's bcc9's thread with information about editing the connector info: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=259705 As far as I know, that's the most detailed information about the connector list and patching it.

dougaa said:
siou said:
Here's bcc9's thread with information about editing the connector info: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=259705 As far as I know, that's the most detailed information about the connector list and patching it.

Thanks for it but it is about disabling LVDS, i dont get the hex edit he does so i'm unable to just delete all other connectors :cry:

siou said:
dougaa said:
siou said:

Thanks for it but it is about disabling LVDS, i dont get the hex edit he does so i'm unable to just delete all other connectors :cry:

You can effectively delete all the other connectors by changing the entry count in the first line to 1. (He changed it from 4 to 3.) For the hex edit, I can't explain it better than bcc9 did, but you could ask in the thread.

Alright so nobody seems to have my exact setup

my mobo: GA-Z68-D3H-B3
my CPU: 2600k i7

For my GPU I have a HIS 6950 2gb which I can only use with extreme limits (it lags during launchpad and I cant watch internet videos), so I would really love to get onboard graphics working properly, has anybody else had success with doing this with my cpu and mobo?

Ok i did the connector edit on my own. i edited the stock lion SNB frambuffer to only support LVDS, no change expect external ports didnt work anymore. I edited Tonys i2500 SNB kext and got it working (normally i got "Transcript Offline - Buffer pool allocate [181000] failed") but again, green messed up screen. So its no connector problem ......

I didnt know what to do anymore. I tried playing around with the values in the SNB kext but they didnt influence it at all. Always i get a working HD 3000 with green screen or, when i delete SNB kext, working screen with no working HD 3000 and limited solution.

crazyarmadillo15 said:
Alright so nobody seems to have my exact setup

my mobo: GA-Z68-D3H-B3
my CPU: 2600k i7

For my GPU I have a HIS 6950 2gb which I can only use with extreme limits (it lags during launchpad and I cant watch internet videos), so I would really love to get onboard graphics working properly, has anybody else had success with doing this with my cpu and mobo?

I'm begging around to get your answer as I have the same GPU but different motherboard.
If we keep asking, maybe someone will answer !

Basicaly, we need to know if we can use integrated graphics on osx and our unsupported GPU with windows. Am I right crazyarmadillo ?

siou said:
I used this Guide to get the HD 3000 in my Dell XPS 502x working. I have an Intel i5 2410m. After doing this Guide my Intel Graphiccard is listed correctly. I used the DSDT free way and edited my ID 0116 in.

I uploaded a Picture of what my Screen is looking now. It is all green and i can only see 2/3 of the screen, i can change the resolution all the way to my native of 1920 but the problem stays the same. The System overview show my Processor is listed right Intel i5, it show the Intel HD 3000 is recoqnised right with 384mb of ram. My laptop gets shown as an MBP 13" early 2011.

Anyone has a fix for this or some tips what to do?

When i remove the fixed SNB FB kext everything went back to normal -> No SNB buffer found, Intel HD 3000 not recognized, max resolution 1024x768 but colors and screen orientation are fine.

Tony could u edit your kext for the i2500 so it use the LVDS port? I think my problem is something with the connectors.

You can try to use kexts from MBP update 1.4 (kexts from 10.6.8 is fine).
This will give you correct resolution, card recognized, but no QE/CI.

I tried all the kexts modification but none of them worked.

About the connector modification, the extracted DSDT does not contain IGP0 block.
So I can't test this solution.

What about first-gen Core-i Boards? Do you guys think their integrated graphics could work using pretty much the same procedure (but using a different framebuffer)?

OK Green Screen Guys. Thanks to dxluong.

To get Full Resoultion with Intel HD 3000 recognized, add the kext file i uploaded with kext utility . Delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext.

Add this to your com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
Code:
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>600000000100000001000000540000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04001e00
00004100410050004c002c006f0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111111108000001f01f01000000
10070000</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>

U will get a nice screen with native resolution but no QE/CI.

What i did. I used AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from SL.

When u try this whit stock lion AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext -> Green Screen.
When u try this whit stock lion AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext -> Kernel Panic while boot
Ok, now how do we get QE/CI, any ideas?

Attachments

• AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip
    204.8 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back