Contribute
Register

yet another yet another new build post

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated to firmware p9.
now in system profiler/audio i have all the myriad of ports available but still nothing to choose in the selected sound output device.
also updating to p9 seems to have introduced a really irritating high pitched sound from probably the video card.

yay. audio fixed. probably wouldn't have had to go through any of that if i had updated the bios. figured since I just bought it, the mobo would have had the latest bios installed. bad user! bad!

2 things.

So the 450W PSU seems to be doing fine? I think I'm gonna get it for my i7 860 build.
Or should I spring for the 650... (won't be doing SLI)

did the "whine" go away?

That's strange (the noise), as it's much less noticeable under F9...
Are you using the right DSDT ?
Multibeast still doesn't include the updated one for F9.
You can use mine from viewtopic.php?p=15742#p15742
or the one that MacMan edited in Public/DSDT-GA-P55M-UD4-F9.aml (though I'm not sure it includes the "sleep via power button" fix yet)

Also, make sure your BIOS settings are as posted in viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521

If all this still doesn't help, see viewtopic.php?p=16160#p16160 (voltage fixing)

Hope this helps !
Lnx2Mac

wow. best forum evAR! thanks for all the tips. i'm away for the weekend but now am seriously anxious to get back to try some of these patches/updates/fixes/whateveryoucallems! :clap: :clap: :clap:

what made you go with the pny250gts instead of the msi one?

s0ldats said:
what made you go with the pny250gts instead of the msi one?
price, availablility and possibly 2 true dvi ports(?) not sure about the msi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back