Contribute
Register

[BUILDING] Incoming P8P67 Deluxe + Soon a PDF guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Thats it, suddenly my poor sata configuration disappear, and don`t recognize my sata dvd-r anymore but my HDs. some ideas to set this properly?
Oh, by the way no sleeping here.

everything else, working find, even try games and several videos on my build whit out fermi freeze.

bye for the moment.

Alright seems like the two of you need the guide!

I'll whip it into public consumption shape shortly. Expect it in an hour or two.

yes, sure we need it.
But, I have a very disappointing scenario here.
DVD is back again!!!

Looks like I just have to disconnect my machine and boom! optical is back.

For clarify the procedure i get from Kexts website a kext file for p8p67 sata in chipset option and rename it to intelp67sata.kext put in e/e folder and repair permissions with the utility.
Reboot and magic.

by the way surfing I found a little app called PleaseSleep in macupdate, maybe worth.
Regards.

Yeah that wouldn't matter, it's not a software issue that is holding back sleep. In the sense of an app inhibiting it. It's when you "wake" from sleep the displays will not come on (at least in my case) it's as if the GPU is still "Dormant"

well in my case the computer never sleep totally, because fans still running and disks still reading or something and obviously never wake back.
is my impression that problem is on bios because is not STR setting or maybe that you say Pcie card no make the suspension with the mobo isn`t?
rare thing.

Well there is something on motherboard, but it's not doing what most say it should do... Everything does turn off, fans spin down, etc. All that's left is blinking light (just as it should) just fails on resuming.

you`re the man.
Let me read a little and test some things in my machine, and tell you what happens.
If I cant help you a little more with this guide I`ll be grate.

Re: [Ordered] Incoming P8P67 Deluxe + Soon a PDF guide!

JTCK said:
For audio try this;
- First delete all kexts with "hda" in them(use Finder to search Extensions folder)
- Repair permissions or run Kext Utility
- Run Multibeast again, install ALC8xxHDA, Apple HDA rollback, and ALC 889
- Repair permissions or run Kext Utility again

Maybe needs a restart, and that should do it. Or atleast it did for me, and I have the P8P67 Deluxe as well.
Good luck!

Thank you for your tip. I did exactly what you said and now I can hear sound from the headphone jack in the case. But when I connect my machine with HDMI to my HD TV, it does not make any sound. I can see images but no sound. Is my graphics card, XFX 6870, need to have special driver for the HDMI connection? Thank you for your help.

philz said:

Philz, the guide is down! :) what happened? why'd take it down?

Anyways, I wanted to report back with what I did. So...
Installed 10.6.3 --> Combo Update to 10.6.7 --> Andy's P8P67 [this enabled my Ethernet] --> reboot --> ran OSX Software Update --> reboot --> Sound:
Deleted
/Extra/Extensions.mkext
/Extra/Extensions/ALC892HDA51B.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAenabler892.kext
moved AppleHDA.kext from
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_backup
to
/System/Library/Extensions
--> rebooted --> ran MultiBeast 3.7.2 with checkmarks on:
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders | Kexts & Enablers | Audio | Realtek ALC8xx | ALC8xxHDA
Drivers & Bootloaders | Kexts & Enablers | Audio | Realtek ALC8xx | AppleHDA Rollback
Drivers & Bootloaders | Kexts & Enablers | Audio | Realtek ALC8xx | Non-DSDT HDAEnabler | ALC892
--> reboot (may need to reboot in Safe Mode (with -x flag) first, then normally, in order to work) --> Video:
ran MultiBeast with checkmarks on:
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders | Kexts & Enablers | Graphics | Enablers | NVEnabler
Drivers & Bootloaders | Kexts & Enablers | Graphics | NVIDIA 256.02.05
-->
copy file to the desktop:
/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and add to it:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
then move it back to Extra folder & overwrite the old one
--> reboot (may need to reboot in Safe Mode (with -x flag) --> ran MultiBeast' System Utilities --> reboot

That's it!
SATA controllers report as unidentified and eSATA does not work. Here I need some help, PLEASE :) Pretty sure eSATA worked at some point (I think after Andy's package).

TooSixy said:
You'll need stradivari's custom kext file to identify your unknown AHCI controllers, including enabling eSATA functionality.

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=19543

If you are not sure of what to do, post here and I can help.

Basically, you'll need to:
1. Edit the kext file to correctly identify your AHCI controllers (Intel 6 Series Chipset, JMicron, and Marvell controllers)
2. Edit DSDT.aml to enable eSATA (and fix eSATA issues when waking up from sleep)
yes, or even better, this: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21749
haven't tried it myself yet (must finish a project first) but seems promising :) full functionality (well my mobo EVO mod has an additional Ethernet port next to PRO mod, can't even try to guess what for, but I'm sure it won't work, and that's OK really)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back