X3100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Thank you very much for your posting.

Please let me know when you have completed the remaining steps. :)

@ seppdepp
Hi, I'm really interested in this "project" because I'm thinking to buy this lappy :)
BTW I've found the i3 model at 700€, not less... :think:
Card reader, HDMI, USB works? Graphics chip and internal display are fully recognized with QE/CI enabled? Display's backlight works?
I ask you because I came from a Sony VAIO with soooo many problems related to Nvidia Graphics & internal display never recognized... :cry:

Another question.. Have you tried a fresh install of Lion with the latest Chimera 1.5.0?
Thank you ;)

For your trackpad, use these two kexts. The keyboard should also enable brightness. I would look at MaLd0n's DSDT thread on insanely mac in order to get brightness.

Also, you will want to look at lion speed stepper to get rid of nullcpupm. Google that. You will want to be careful through upgrades though, as you will have to repatch. This isn't necessary though in order to boot, just to make your CPU more efficient.

EDIT: you are like me, and have the same gfx card with the correct device id, so we have no patching. It works, but to get qe/ci, you either need to have the macbookpro8,1 smbios, or the chimera 1.5.

EDIT2:
- Sleep (goes to sleep with sleepenabler.kext and pmVersion=102 - but resets bios CMOS)
- Battery (Battery works with VoodooBattery.kext - http://www.kexts.com/view/1384-voodoobattery_lion.html)
- SpeedStepping
- RGB display connector (works but is mirrored to internal display with internal display resolution)

For sleep, you need to put wake=Yes in the org.chameleon.boot.plist in extra. also you need a dsdt from mald0n. and a patched appleintelcpupm, which speed stepper will do.

Does voodoo battery work, with no kernel panics?

Speedstepping is covered above.

RGB doesn't work at all for me, but that would differ by laptop.

Its a 64 bit keyboard.

The auto patcher is fine.

And speed stepper should work. You must have done it wrong.

Then go request your own in the DSDT Auto Patcher thread at insanelymac.

And try it after you have a custom dsdt, if it still doesn't work, download the pack from the 4530s thread and just grab it out of one the the folders called other kexts, and see if it works.

You should boot in with 64 bit if you can. I would make everything work that way.

Do any of the available wifi cards from Lenovo work out of the box with installations of Lion? Ordering one today!

seppdepp said:
Cheers2 said:
Do any of the available wifi cards from Lenovo work out of the box with installations of Lion? Ordering one today!

Stock wifi cards are Intel or Broadcom. Atheros works best.
Do the Intel or Broadcom ones work at all? I'm a Linux user also, and Intel tend to have good drivers so I'd be inclined towards Intel.

Can anyone please explain if he's gotten the trackpad keys working in 64bit mode? Trackpad is working and scrolling works with multitouch but left and right click keys do not work which makes the bloody thing unusable without an external mouse. Any help would be appreciated along with a working kext.

Re: ThinkPad X121e Sandy Bridge HD 3000 running 10.7 Lion osx86s

I have installed lion in the same disk as my windows 7 that the laptop came with. The problem I have is that I can boot to lion if I boot with the lion install USB but if I try to boot without the USB chimera boots straight to win7 with a boot0: done message. I've tried reinstalling chimera, then Chameleon then chimera. Used console to copy boot to root with no result. Does anyone have a working boot.plist file to use with chimera in my pc. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back