Contribute
Register

How to properly install a Sapphire 5770 ATI Radeon HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel i5 - 760
Graphics
Nvidia GEFORCE 9500GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all!
I have yet to buy all my parts but im pretty much set on buying a Sapphire 5770 ATI Radeon HD 100283VX-2L. My motherboard is an Asus P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 P55. I really want to use this with my new HD monitor so 1080p is a must. The graphics wiki says

Device ID=0x68B8 OSX 10.6.7 Multibeast 3.4 using Andy's boot file / iBoot ATI + GraphicsEnabler=No. Dual DVI works. HDMI works fine. Display Port not tested. Must install multibeast with no graphics options first, reboot and then install graphics kexts.

I'm a real noob when it comes to hackintoshes and I was wondering if somebody could tell me exactly where I can get kexts and how I can run them. From what i understand, kexts stand for kernal extensions?

Can someone give me some step by step instructions on how I would go about installing this graphics card and get it to work in 1080P on Mac OS. 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance :D

I suggest you to:
a) Perform 10.6.8 update
b) then shutdown and swap your card
c) reboot and it should be automatically detect OOB.
d) fix other (which 10.6.8) might caused it to fail such as Audio and USBrollback.

redlightning7 said:
Hello all!
I have yet to buy all my parts but im pretty much set on buying a Sapphire 5770 ATI Radeon HD 100283VX-2L. My motherboard is an Asus P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 P55. I really want to use this with my new HD monitor so 1080p is a must. The graphics wiki says

Device ID=0x68B8 OSX 10.6.7 Multibeast 3.4 using Andy's boot file / iBoot ATI + GraphicsEnabler=No. Dual DVI works. HDMI works fine. Display Port not tested. Must install multibeast with no graphics options first, reboot and then install graphics kexts.

I'm a real noob when it comes to hackintoshes and I was wondering if somebody could tell me exactly where I can get kexts and how I can run them. From what i understand, kexts stand for kernal extensions?

Can someone give me some step by step instructions on how I would go about installing this graphics card and get it to work in 1080P on Mac OS. 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance :D

Look at my 10.6.8 demo. You can pretty much what I did except you won't need to install the NVIDIA Quadro drivers since you're running a 5770.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2067

Topic moved from Installation Guides to Installation Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back