Contribute
Register

HDMI video and HDMI 5.1 audio, anyone got it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get 5.1 audio (via HDMI) and HDMI video (1080p) out with either Snow Leopard or Lion? (preferably using a Nvidia GT 240 or similar card)

I've seen Tonys tutorials on HDMI and 5.1 and seen people talking about getting either HDMI video or 5.1 (only via Optical) audio but not both

Any one got any ideas?

The system I'm planning to install on is:
- Gigabyte UD2H-H55M board
- Intel i5 CPU
- DDR3/1333mhz RAM
- Nvidia GT 240 (connected ONLY via HDMI - I have no non-hdmi displays)
- OCZ Vertex SSD

Cheers, Simmo

Simmo said:
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get 5.1 audio (via HDMI) and HDMI video (1080p) out with either Snow Leopard or Lion? (preferably using a Nvidia GT 240 or similar card)

I've seen Tonys tutorials on HDMI and 5.1 and seen people talking about getting either HDMI video or 5.1 (only via Optical) audio but not both

Any one got any ideas?

The system I'm planning to install on is:
- Gigabyte UD2H-H55M board
- Intel i5 CPU
- DDR3/1333mhz RAM
- Nvidia GT 240 (connected ONLY via HDMI - I have no non-hdmi displays)
- OCZ Vertex SSD

Cheers, Simmo
I am currently getting 1080P video out from the gfx card in my sig via HDMI to a Viewsonic VX2433WM monitor. It worked in Snow Leopard and works now in Lion. No speakers on board with monitor so can't check audio over HDMI. I use my board's digital out to a media center for audio.

Simmo said:
Hi all,

With my GT 240 (EVGA), I have HDMI audio and video working in both Snow Leopard and Lion. DSDT and kext editing is required to enable HDMI audio. The Snow Leopard guides are in the HDMI Audio subforum http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=162.

The dsdt editing is identical for both Snow Leopard and Lion. There is a minor difference in the kext editing for Lion which I can provide when you are ready.

On the other hand, you can try easy solution described here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/10/hdmi-audio-video-solutions.html

Good Luck

Thanks both,

toleda, to confirm did you manage to get 5.1 audio out of the HDMI or stereo?

Cheers, Simmo

Simmo said:
Thanks both,

Cheers, Simmo
To confirm, I have DD 5.1 Surround and DTS 5.1 Surround over HDMI using Plex, XBMC and VLC on all of the systems listed below.

toleda said:
Simmo said:
Thanks both,

Cheers, Simmo
To confirm, I have DD 5.1 Surround and DTS 5.1 Surround over HDMI using Plex, XBMC and VLC on all of the systems listed below.

Fantastic, nice one cheers - I'll give it a try over the weekend :)

Cheers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back