Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501x ANY SUCCESS?? (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mini ITX based HTPC + Macbook Pro 13
CPU
i3-3225 and i5
Graphics
HD4000 and HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I'm working on my Hackintosh for 4 days now, and I can't find the good solution. I tried iBoot, iBoot-GE, with normal boot, -x mode cpu=1 mode and busratio=21 mode and the combinations of these, but I never had a good installation. First I got "dirty disc error", but it's a fake, because the disc runs on my gf's mac or just simply don't get the installation screen. I use the retail dvd of Snow Leopard. With iBoot-GE the screen hangs on Nvidia Geforce GT 420M 0MB line with -x mode. I haven't tried -x32 mode.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 560M
Main board: Intel HM57 (Dell l501x) BIOS version A04
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Sound card: Realtek ALC665
Video Card: Intel HD + Nvidia Gefore 420M 1GB with optimus
Wifi card: Intel Wireless N 1000

Is it possible someway to install snow leopard on it? Or does it worth it? I mean is it a huge performance difference between using SL as a virtual machine or as a normal operation system?

Now I try to get my DSDT.aml from a program called AIDA64 on windows 7 ( I hate windows :( ) But Im not sure why is it useful for PRE-installation. Can I include it in iBoot if I customize it and does it make my installation more succesful?

OK, I got my DSDT.aml with DSDT Editor in Windows. But how should I patch it? I mean where can I find patches to add?

I have a L701x with the I5-560M ... our issue is the onboard HD Graphics. I have 10.6.3 installed but VESA 1024x768x32 only. Must boot from CD, cannot advance past 10.6.3, no 64 bit and -x option will not work. Used Tonymac to get to this stage; I've tried a number of boot scenarios but it will not work boot w/o CD. The wait you mentioned will be eliminated with a clean DSDT; I used DSDTSE for Windows to extract and the Mac version to correct my DSDT (I fixed all errors and added DARWIN to the OSYS detection portion). I am assuming that continued DSDT work will eventually get us past the HD video support issue as this video is the same as the Macbook Pro 6,2 ...

I also have a XPS L701X, but I didn't get as far as you guys. I might look stupid but did you change anything in the bios to get where you are now ?? If yes, what and how.
I used Iboot, then a retail dvd but it would never work, it could only boot in safe mode -x. Install ok, but I can't boot Leopard normally. I always have to boot it with Iboot and -x. Because of that I can't install the updates. I always have kernel panick and have to install it again.

Could you help me a bit please... How did you do ?
Tx

See my posts under the topic "XPS 17 (L701x)" for a mini-guide to install 10.6.3 and upgrade to 10.6.6 on this machine ...

Hi!

I'm working on my Hackintosh for 4 days now, and I can't find the good solution. I tried iBoot, iBoot-GE, with normal boot, -x mode cpu=1 mode and busratio=21 mode and the combinations of these, but I never had a good installation. First I got "dirty disc error", but it's a fake, because the disc runs on my gf's mac or just simply don't get the installation screen. I use the retail dvd of Snow Leopard. With iBoot-GE the screen hangs on Nvidia Geforce GT 420M 0MB line with -x mode. I haven't tried -x32 mode.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 560M
Main board: Intel HM57 (Dell l501x) BIOS version A04
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Sound card: Realtek ALC665
Video Card: Intel HD + Nvidia Gefore 420M 1GB with optimus
Wifi card: Intel Wireless N 1000

Is it possible someway to install snow leopard on it? Or does it worth it? I mean is it a huge performance difference between using SL as a virtual machine or as a normal operation system?

Now I try to get my DSDT.aml from a program called AIDA64 on windows 7 ( I hate windows :( ) But Im not sure why is it useful for PRE-installation. Can I include it in iBoot if I customize it and does it make my installation more succesful?

OK, I got my DSDT.aml with DSDT Editor in Windows. But how should I patch it? I mean where can I find patches to add?

Hi Thomas,

Did you get any success on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back