Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6850
Hello.

I'm stuck right after I switch the Iboot CD to the SL retail DVD and press f5 and enter (or enter bootflags) ..that's when I either get a black screen or the white screen with the apple logo and the DVD stops reading the disc.

Hardware

Corsair 8GB (2x8092MB) CL10 1600Mhz VENGEANCE
Corsair SSD Force 3 Series 120GB (connected to white Sata ports (also tried blue)
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3 mITX
Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 1024MB OC
Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3GHz
Optiarc AD-7710H SATA, OEM Slim (connected to white sata ports (also tried blue)
(this is a mini-itx build)

My Bios Settings : (F7 firmware)

I've tried everything and anything and different combinations of the following settings :

- changing the CPU multiplier to 28x ,29x, 30x , 31x, 32x
- disabling CPU Turbo, speedstep, EIST and C-States, disable all CPU mgt
- changed IDE to ACHI
- changed HPET to 64-bit
- prioritise Intel graphics, internal graphics priority always on,
- changing all the cpu "auto" to enable
- ACPI state "S3 STR"

I also tried removing one of the memory sticks so I only run 8gbs, and I've removed the hd6850 card as well.

Boot flags and errors

-v -x (goes to black screen)
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml.
FADT: Restart fix applied!

Starting Darwin x86

-x (goes to black screen)

PCIRootUID=1 (goes to White screen with grey apple logo, nothing happens, DVD stops reading the disc)

no flag (goes to White screen with grey apple logo, nothing happens, DVD stops reading the disc)

and a combination of the above gives me the same messages as above...

tried -s -x and GraphicsEnabler=no (internal ) or yes for gigabyte radeon card and vice versa.. same thing as above

thanks!!! really appreciate all the help ... I've been reading the forums for hours, googling and trying every method and guide available ... my hardware is "recommended" by tonymacx , why I can't get it to work is a mystery to me ....

I would try Lion but I don't have access to a mac at the moment....

What to do ???

update ...

I changed the iBoot to the legacy version and I were finally able to boot the SL installation, I added my PCIe gigabit radeon 6850 card and the only way to start SL is with the boot option GraphicsEnabler=no.

I ran the MultiBeast (latest version downloaded from this forum) and wasn't sure which options to choose ... any suggestions?

Anyway I downloaded the correct Dsdt from the database and put it on my desktop together with the multibeast and clicked the "dstd install" .. I also picked the Realtec8x driver and didn't know which graphics to pick ...

I then ran the update helper and rebooted, right after I got back into SL I ran the Comboupdate 6.8 and rebooted again and this time I got stuck at the dreaded white screen with the grey apple logo ... nothing I did seem to help ... no boot options worked .. so .. im stuck again !!

Any suggestions ?

A slim SATA drive? :think:

Double check BIOS settings FIRST.

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html

Place SATA DVD drive and HD on SATA 3 ports.

Your card is fully supported under Lion. Most people running 6870s are running Lion with full support.

Next, typical installation steps.

1) Iboot + Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD)?
2) Iboot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iboot and loading OS via newly installed HDD)?
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) Iboot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot?
5) Run Multibeast and select options which are required to your board. DSDT on desktop with matching BIOS confirmed under M.I.T screen.
\
Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=15403

wow ..awesome man! it works now !!

I'm currently running 10.68 SL (audio / network is working) also the graphics BUT in the system profiler it's displaying my Radeon 6850 as a Radeon HD NI40 , not sure if it matters ?

It seems to be working with one DVI to VGA connection ... I haven't tried it yet with a hdmi...

Why should I purchase and update to LION ? any benefits now that everything seems to be running fine

not sure about the usb 3.0, I'm also running GraphicsEnabler=No in my Boot.plist file because when I don't run it my display (connected to the DVI-to-VGA goes black) ... will try HDMI right away and post a quick reply!

thank you once again for the help jester969 :)

Glad to hear! Now check everything is working as should. Back up or clone you stable setup.

Check the gfx section for trying to correct it or if it is a known issue that it will read as so.

Place [SOLVED] in title post if the OS works as should once you have tested for issues.

Happy New Year and enjoy your new hack! :headbang:

If everything is running find no need to update to Lion. If you want to it is 30 in App Store.

After further testing and trying to run Multibeast multiple times and applying the AppleHDARollback and RealtekALC8xxHDA along with system utilities I can confirm that the Audio is not working, I have now purchased Lion and will try it out !!

I'll report back ... once again ..thank you jester! :headbang:

Hi freinds.... I have bought i7-2600k and Gigabyte Mbo Z68xp-UD3R, 8 gb 1600 mhz Ram, HIS Ati radeon Hd 6870 H687QN.. Graphics Card, corsair carbide 400r case, 500gb Hitachi 3gb/ps HDD, Cooler master 700 wat PSU, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink, sony Dvd writer, 2x Samsung B2230 LCD Monitors.

I Installed SL 10.6.0 Using iboot CD. Everything I installed Successfully on it. 10.6.8 Combo update, mutibeast ets. But after reboot it gives me a KP That Press the Power Button to reboot your system. Everytime I have to reboot using -v or GraphicsEnabler=No. My old Hackintosh was working fine with my ATI 5770. if any setting in BIOS or anything else are required please tell me. But this time I sucks.... Please I beg you to help me
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back