Contribute
Register

A perfect install, but with a couple of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First off I would like to say thank you to everyone who put together iBoot and MultiBeast! I have done a successful install on the following hardware:

ASUS Rampage III Gene LGA 1366 Intel X58
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
Intel i7 950 3.06GHz
NVIDIA GTX 470
Seagate 60GB SATA Hard Drive

The only thing that I had to to get the install to work properly is type in "PCIRootUID=1" every time I needed to boot to installer and the installation before the bootloader install.

However, I was wondering about using MultiBeast. All my hardware was working with the stock Kexts with the exception of my video card. I clicked on EasyBeast Install as per instructions, restarted and had to reinstall my Network Card and my Audio Kexts.
So my question is, can I just install the bootloader thats included with MutiBeast? Also, I was wondering how to tell If i'm running 64-bit Mac OS X. Thanks in advance! :)

If you installed EssyBeast you should have a functional bootloader installed. That is one of the things it does.

To check for 64-bit, click on apple, about this mac and software at the info screen. In the right pane under system software overview, see

64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes (or no if you are on 32-bit)
64bit.png

Attachments

• 64bit.png
    64bit.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 346
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back