EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:?:
Do I really need MultiBeast to run Lion 10.7 on my Hackintosh?

Newbie to kexts and such and having a tought time trying to get my Nvidia Geforce 8800GT to display greater than 1024x768 on my 25" lcd monitor. Also, have made several attempts to enable ALC889A onboard sound on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, F12 Bios. No luck on either account. However, after doing a clean (fresh) install of Lion 10.7 the onboard sound works perfectly. Then updated to 10.7.1 removed AppleHDA.kext and ran MultiBeast,System Utilities, selected the ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback , the non DSDT HDAEnabler selected ALC889a and rebooted. No Sound Device!

So, will I have a functioning Lion HackinTosh if I do the Lion clean install, skip MultiBeast and just boot off iBoot 3.1.1 (Chimera) CD disk?

Thanks in advance for your interest and any tips

you could do it that way but if i was you i would get a small USB stick and put your bootloader on there so it boots alot faster (just remember to put your usb top of your boot order......) :thumbup:

hope it helps

Robbieboy said:
you could do it that way but if i was you i would get a small USB stick and put your bootloader on there so it boots alot faster (just remember to put your usb top of your boot order......) :thumbup:

hope it helps

Thanks for your tip. Unfortunately, booting Mac OS from USB drive isn't working on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R. The question still remains, can I skip running MultiBeast altogether and just boot from iBoot 3.1.1 (chimera)?

squidlles said:
Robbieboy said:

hope it helps

Thanks for your tip. Unfortunately, booting Mac OS from USB drive isn't working on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R. The question still remains, can I skip running MultiBeast altogether and just boot from iBoot 3.1.1 (chimera)?

To answer my question: Yes, I can run Mac OS Lion on my HackinTosh without using MultiBeast. Wiped 320GB drive and did a clean Install.
Booted up with iBoot 3.1.1 (chimera) and it works!
Lion 10.7 shows: Mac Pro-Early 2008. Sound, Ethernet and wireless keyboard/mouse work perfectly. But, still stuck with only 1024x768 rez on GeForce 8800GT. When it's available, perhaps MultiBeast 4.0 will solve the graphic rez problem- without jumping through hoops. I'll skip Lion 10.7.1 and wait for 10.8.

Thanks to all for your interest, and a big thanks to TonyMacx and MacMan for making this all possible in the first place!
squidlles

Go into board section download and download from there official driver for your card from nvidia ,
i got the same card as you.
After run multibeast and choose right nvidia kext .
Run multibeast -repair permission ,reboot and you shold be fine .
If it doesn't work be patient it's just a question of give and try,multibeast is an excellent tool,it's just because you didn't choose the right setting,got a perfect hackintosh with all the
right setting .
Wish you good luck and keep reading ,it took me a while before acheving this task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back