Contribute
Register

MSI P55-GD55 fully working (including audio and sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
CPU
Intel i5 2.67G
Graphics
ATI 4850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
To tonymacx86: I tried everything including Onyx, no luck. The Finder was still down. So I have to reinstall.

You can see my original approach here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53. But since tonyd's suggestion is very interesting, I decided to give it a try.

I downloaded his file, and put it in my HD instead of what's on the BootCD. And I was amazed: the built-in audio worked! I didn't get it working in my last install not matter what I try. Totally magical. One thing though: I believe tonyd didn't have a PATA drive in his rig, so he deleted the JMicronATA.kext. I have two of those drives, so I have to copy it back.

The sleep/wake is actually simple: I read a tutorial saying you need to change the BIOS setting for sleep to work. So I did that: in "Power Management", change the suspend type from default S1 to S3. That's it. My Hackintosh now sleeps and wakes up perfectly.

I have the p55 gd55 and the i5 750.

How do you dual boot windows 7 and mac os x.

How did you do it and what do I need.

Please Help.

Thank you.

Right on Roger- could you link the thread that tonyd made so others can benefit? Go team MSI! :clap: :mrgreen:

geejay2215 - try looking at my post. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4244

The best way is to install on two separate harddrives. Start with the windows installation. Then follow anyone of the Snow Leopard installation procedures out there. My post has specifics relating to your mother board. I unplugged my windows 7 drive during the SL installation, but it's not necessary. After you have the two systems working and booting, you want to make SL the primary drive.

Make sure to update your BIOS if you haven't already done so and change you BIOS settings. Very Important-

Need a little help with my MSI P55-GD80

I know that these boards a bit different in name but should be relativly similar in nature as they are both P55. I Dont really know what im doing but managed to finally get it installed using another computer. Now it seems that my 5870 is working with the I5, but my I5 is not recognized. and the ram shows 667mhz that cant be right, Im trying to optimize the system to run smooth. Also the mouse is all jerky when I move it around. like the system is freezing every sec for a nano sec.

I did find a DSDT of the GD80 but I dont know if it has my system specs. And im not sure how to edit it. also I think that the apple.plist and bios.plist need soemthing to work smoothly. I have managed to get osx working very well on my zotec GF9300. ANy help would be greatly appreciated and if I can get this working I will be helping and completing an install tutorial for the GD80. Thanks in advance

Oh yeah PS. the reason I coudlnt install on the GD80 it would stop at 10 mins remaining on the install and not go any further. and getting to that part took 1.5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back