Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

i have a all around working OSX 10.6.6 here.
I installed a custom DSDT for my GA-EP45-UD3 Board.

All works but the Graphic of my 9600GT 512MB is very slow.
For example. When i open the dashboard and i'd like to open a widget, the waves it does when you pull it to your desk where not smooth.

In about my mac it says 9600GT and 512 MB but this card don't work properly.

Can anyone help me?

jorusis said:
Hi,

i have a all around working OSX 10.6.6 here.
I installed a custom DSDT for my GA-EP45-UD3 Board.

All works but the Graphic of my 9600GT 512MB is very slow.
For example. When i open the dashboard and i'd like to open a widget, the waves it does when you pull it to your desk where not smooth.

In about my mac it says 9600GT and 512 MB but this card don't work properly.

Can anyone help me?

In my case it helped when I attached the monitor to a different port.

freedumb2000 said:
In my case it helped when I attached the monitor to a different port.

Do you mean i should use the second dvi port on my graphics card?

attched a new cable to the monitor on port 2. same slow dashboard and other animations on mac osx.

:(
can anyone help me?

jorusis said:
attched a new cable to the monitor on port 2. same slow dashboard and other animations on mac osx.

:(
can anyone help me?

I am sorry that it had no effect for you. In my case it reallly was the problem.

Hi,

Firstly, its a good idea to post the brand of your video card as well as the make in your sig. I.e. Nvidia cards are manufactured under a bunch of different brands. I have a feeling that yours (freedumb) is an EVGA?

Second, I too had the same problem with the DVI port, except I was looking for greener pastures when I switched to the **** DVI port. It was panic mode for a second there. The apple color calibration software wasn't even working. Then I switched back and now I'm fine, more or less (I have a nagging bad feeling about the video on this computer).

Third, jorusis I would recommend NVEnabler which is in Multibeast. Run that and then after that run System Utilities in Multibeast, and then restart. That's what I would do. I don't know a lot, I'm a noob here, but that's what I would do.

p.s. if, freedumb, your card is EVGA, we should totally spread the word that the EVGA 9xxx's suck for hackintoshes.

blandfran said:
Hi,

Firstly, its a good idea to post the brand of your video card as well as the make in your sig. I.e. Nvidia cards are manufactured under a bunch of different brands. I have a feeling that yours (freedumb) is an EVGA?

p.s. if, freedumb, your card is EVGA, we should totally spread the word that the EVGA 9xxx's suck for hackintoshes.

Good question, I actually have no idea what brand it is. Right now using only on port is a good enough solution for me since I only use one monitor.

a half year ago. i used the lifehacker guide with the driver and efi package they used. With this package my pc was a "real mac" :D. all of the functions except sleep mode was working. unfortunately i deleted it :( now i wanted to re-install it but this package i used wasn't working for me anymore. don't know why.

back to topic: i use a Gainward Golden Sample 512 MB Card

hm... dont know why but the **** is on about my mac stands the dsdt engine of my graphics card. but this **** is not working for me. i tried different things but they all don't work. allways stand there dsdt engine.

jorusis said:
a half year ago. i used the lifehacker guide with the driver and efi package they used. With this package my pc was a "real mac" :D. all of the functions except sleep mode was working. unfortunately i deleted it :( now i wanted to re-install it but this package i used wasn't working for me anymore. don't know why.

back to topic: i use a Gainward Golden Sample 512 MB Card

hm... dont know why but the **** is on about my mac stands the dsdt engine of my graphics card. but this **** is not working for me. i tried different things but they all don't work. allways stand there dsdt engine.

There is a debugger app for QE/CI in the Xcode. With it you can toggle certain graphics features. Maybe it could help you pinpoint the issue. In my case I ran OS X for a while with disabled Beam Sync which made the GUI fast, but introduced some tearing which was a lot less annoying though.

at the moment i try to deinstall the dsdt.aml and then i will install my graphic card with the efi studio. i hope it work this way :think:

but the next time i will try your idea ;)

anybody other ideas maybe?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back