Contribute
Register

Boots but with errors? Pausing 5 Seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After checking out some posts I noticed I wasn't booting with x64 support. So I edited the com.apple.Boot.plist and removed the i386 line and used multibeast to reinstall graphic support for my nvidia card.

After restarting I noticed before booting in it said something about booting with errors pausing for 5 seconds then goes in computer functions just fine.

How can I remove the errors though on boot to make myself feel better? :lol:

kjarahz said:
After checking out some posts I noticed I wasn't booting with x64 support. So I edited the com.apple.Boot.plist and removed the i386 line and used multibeast to reinstall graphic support for my nvidia card.

After restarting I noticed before booting in it said something about booting with errors pausing for 5 seconds then goes in computer functions just fine.

How can I remove the errors though on boot to make myself feel better? :lol:
32 bit vs 64 bit has nothing to do with graphic support. Did you use multibeast to install 64 bit apple boot screen with graphics enabler = yes or =no?

I installed and did multibeast with easybeast the bootloader and video support. After that I saw a post and checked to see if I was on 64 bit and I wasn't. So I edited the plist in /Extra and restarted then ran multibeast and redid the video support because the driver wasn't there so video was not correct.

So I didn't rerun multibeast for easybeast or anything like that.

kjarahz said:
I installed and did multibeast with easybeast the bootloader and video support. After that I saw a post and checked to see if I was on 64 bit and I wasn't. So I edited the plist in /Extra and restarted then ran multibeast and redid the video support because the driver wasn't there so video was not correct.

So I didn't rerun multibeast for easybeast or anything like that.
EasyBeast and MultiBeast are different programs and do things differently. IIRC, EasyBeast will always put the arch=i386 flag on com.apple.boot.plist.

Run MultiBeast by itself and check mark system utilities, scroll down and expand bootloaders, checkmark 64-bit Chameleon boot screen and hit continue. When it is finished reboot. You should now be in 64 bit mode.

There are two options for 64-bit apple boot screen. with and without graphics enabler. should I just stick to the graphics enabler option i have set currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back