Contribute
Register

Final check on parts for hack mini...Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so I have been lurking on these forums for close a month now, I have made several posts, and I think I have finalized my list of parts for my first Hackintosh. I wanted it to a hack-mini because I have no use for a huge tower, and I like the idea of small computer performing as well as towers.

These are the parts I have selected. Obviously I want to make sure that the parts I have chosen will provide a stable build----particularly the graphics card. Any advice on how to get these parts working the best is most welcome.

Parts List:

SilverStone SG05BB-450
GIGABYTE GeForce GT 520 Silent 1GB DDR3
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
Intel Core i5-2500 3.3 GHz
Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB
WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD

Again, I would like to know if this will provide a stable build. ALSO will this particular graphics card work well? Thank you for this great resource and a fun project to come :thumbup:

sundanc3 said:
Okay so I have been lurking on these forums for close a month now, I have made several posts, and I think I have finalized my list of parts for my first Hackintosh. I wanted it to a hack-mini because I have no use for a huge tower, and I like the idea of small computer performing as well as towers.

These are the parts I have selected. Obviously I want to make sure that the parts I have chosen will provide a stable build----particularly the graphics card. Any advice on how to get these parts working the best is most welcome.

Parts List:

SilverStone SG05BB-450
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD

Again, I would like to know if this will provide a stable build. ALSO will this particular graphics card work well? Thank you for this great resource and a fun project to come :thumbup:

Good to go. Should be just a basic unibeast + multibeast install.

wfj said:
sundanc3 said:

Parts List:

SilverStone SG05BB-450
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD

Thank you for your quick reply!

sundanc3 said:
wfj said:
sundanc3 said:

Parts List:

SilverStone SG05BB-450
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD

Thank you for your quick reply!

You've prolly already pulled the trigger on that hardware, but you may want to read up on all of the boot loop issues people have with gigabyte boards (even though they are by far the most compatible for hackintosh uses. I'd just be watchful of that issue. Good luck! I'm looking to replace my current mini-itx build, but have been fighting the gigabyte board issues (already had an older gigabyte-based system have have the bootloop issues, out of warranty too).

That boot loop issue certainly is weird. I've used 30+ gigabyte boards in the last year and have never had a boot loop problem but i certainly read about it a lot. Maybe just luck?

sundanc3 said:
wfj said:
That boot loop issue certainly is weird. I've used 30+ gigabyte boards in the last year and have never had a boot loop problem but i certainly read about it a lot. Maybe just luck?

What is this issue exactly?

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. There's an absurd amount of people using Gigabyte boards without issue. If you have an issue, contact GA or return the board where you bought it. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back