Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi im bobert
i have just bought this : GA-P55-USB3

the information on it can be found here
hxxp://wxw.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3440#sp

i am also waiting for this : Intel Core i7 I7-870 2.93 GHz Processor - Socket H LGA-1156

the information on it can be found here
hxxp://wxw.waeplus.co.uk/product/63564/Intel-Core-i7-I7-870-2.93-GHz-Processor

change hxxp and wxw for http and www

i am now wondering in anyway can i make this into a hackintosh machine ? my GPU is an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB that ive been told works .

the thing i would like to know is can i make it into a hackintosh with vanilla kernel etc everything vanilla AND it be lion 10.7 and can it then be upgraded to "ML" when that is out of "DP" and "GM" (Developer Preview & Golden Master) ?

okay thank you for helping me, the n00b, But some of the things in that guide say discontinued or that there not sold anymore or something from ebuyer so ill have to look else were.

in that guide it uses a slightly different i7 Core chip but only by 10, his/hers was a 860 an mine if/when arrives will be an 870 so i will assume it works too thanks that setup is a little different but should i believe work, as i have checked the kake sites compatibility chart and my mobo and gpu are in there.

again thank you, i have just realised i will need a heat sTink cooler so as that one in that guide worked ill look out for it so yeah you've kinda answered my questions.

ill post back again when i know more .

edit, just looking through that guide is it the same for lion ? im assuming it is.

today i got my mobo and ill use my gfx posted below as stated above

IMG_0155.JPG

mobo box

IMG_0156.JPG

the mobo and gfx card.

just waiting on my chip and heat sTink along with the ram i now need to get as its ddr3 ive been told and read that ram that is 1.5 volts is best is that true ? and the hdd that i will need...

i thought that i could re use my old hdd and 2gb of ram but nope not in this board ! just a thing to look out for will keep you posted!

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    724.2 KB · Views: 232
right ive put that lot into a case with power supply and hdd today i just got the ram !!

all i now need is a 4 pin to 8 pin converter and a cooler

the ram is

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

1.5 v and 2GB's so ill post a pic of it all so far, heres the thing i over looked (the psu compatibility with the mobo)IMG_0165.jpg

all to gether in a case
IMG_0166.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 176
I am using that board currently with an i5-750 and it is working great minus the automatic sleep which I've never been able to resolve. I am using a little app called "please sleep" as a work around.

Based on my experience with GA-P55-USB3 rev2, using my old 450W antec PSU which has 4PIN EPS and the board did not like the 4PIN connector. It cycles and does not POST properly. I bought another PSU which has 8pin EPS connector. :D

What you can try is to get a 4pin to 8pin adapter if you run into the same issue as mine.
something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6812200459

im going to try this guide when i have the last 3 things

4 to 8 pin 3 pounds ish
cpu 219£'s from amazon <-update below on the cpu
cpu heat sTink + fan 25 ish pounds

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

this cpu i will get

correct the link
hxxp://wxw.pcupgrade.co.uk/productdetai ... goryid=656

need some help about my PSU - Power supply unit, my current one is 680watt can someone advise if thats okay ???? please ... thank you... i think its about 50£ for a new one from maplins.

i think my ram is in the wrong slot !!! DAMN, -ps chip is being ordered tomorrow !!! YEY !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back