HP Elitebook 8560w Workstation
CPU
i7-2630QM
Graphics
Quadro 1000M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I have succesfully installed MacOSX 10.6.7 and 10.7.3 on my Acer Aspire 6920G, everything is working OK except Wifi (I'll solve that with an osx compatible usb stick) and the webcam, the problem however, the cam is working in 10.6.7 but I have problems with Lion. First it worked! In Skype and FaceTime, but now it doesn't no more. I used this pack to make it work :

http://3rr0rists.net/macintosh/snow-leo ... 6920g.html

I immediately created a backup of my OSX when the cam was working, and I have successfully placed it back, and the cam worked But now it doesn't work anymore, I have rewritten the backup and still it doesn't work, the webcam does work fine in windows however.

On another site I read that sometimes it is working and sometimes it is not,

Aspire 6920G

Acer CrystalEye Webcam: Recognized by OSX as a USB webcam, however it only seems to be working intermittantly. When it does work, it works very well, however on occasion it will only display a blank image. Rebooting sometimes brings it back to life.

source:http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.2/Portables

But I haven't got that experience, I think something somehow got corrupted. This also happened with my PS2 driver when I installed the my hack package from the link above, I simply replaced the next, ran Kext Utility and it worked again, strangely enough, the files in the backup couldn't be corrupted as well.The webcam always seems to be working in OSX 10.6.7, I would have to double check that(probably sometime this week, I erased the OSX10.6.7 installation, everything was working in the new version, still have a backup though), but the question is, what files are the webcam drivers. I assume it's a kext or several? I want to transfer those files from my 10.6.7 installation to my OSX 10.7.3 installation.

I also took out the power, the battery (even disconnected the bios battery, cause I also had to do this sometimes during the osx installation, it screwed up my bios ) but even this did not work.

So what files are the webcam drivers for osx? I also tried macam and some other stuff I could find, nothing worked,

System Info gives me this about the cam:

CNF7017:

Product ID: 0xb044
Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 11.06
Serial Number: SN0001
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
Location ID: 0xfd600000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

please someone help me out, it's driving me nuts :crazy:

Damian

p.s.

Also my Apple key (left alt) suddenly isn't working as it should, when I press paste I get ? symbol

I'm sorry i can't help you, but i have the same pc and i have tried everything, but no succec.
How did you manage to install os x, wich software did you use and how did you setup your bios, and what else did you do

Please help :D

Good luck getting your os to work on your pc. ;)

I created a bootable USB stick with Unibeast in Mac 10.6.7. And I installed mac O 10.6.7 trough the tutorials on this site, using an install Snow Leopard Install dvd. Iboot boatloader and multibeast. If you have the exact same machine I could send you a backup of my OSX partition, it should work then, I can transfer the OSX partition to other drives and make it work using Paragon partitioning software.

Good luck

OK, update,

I succesfully restored my OSX 10.6.7 backup and guess what?? Cam is working!
Not sometimes, but ALWAYS. I use paragon partition manager 11 to restore and move my OSX partition, this works awesome, I can install OSX in 15 minutes now.

But the question here is what files are the webcam driver files???? or is it something in the bootloader.

I am going to try some different bootloaders, because to boot OSX 10.7.3 I must Use rBoot LE (Laptop Edition, I haven't tried the regular one yet). When I try to boot 10.6.7 with rboot the system crashes, so I installed Chameleon bootloader rev 1664 (windows version) and this one boots with 10.6.7 and then the webcam works. But of course this bootloader won't load OSX 10.7.3? I really want to get this to work, so I can start using my 6920G Lionbook :)

HELP

(partially SOLVED)

OK when I use the boot loader from the Unibeast USB Stick Webcam and keyboard work fine!!

How can I transfer this boot loader to iso or dmg? I would like this to have as Preboot.dmg, or iso file,

Does any one know how to extract boot loaders?

hi, i have the same laptop.
i user BOOT-IT from terabyte to multi boot. i have several versions of windows and a snow and lion install on the internal 500gb disk. basically, i use a spare partition on a usb guid disk (which is also the snow and lion time machine) and install lion to there first with multibeast usb. then i use BOOT-IT to copy the partition to a spare partition on my internal mbr disk.
after i just set lion as active and boot from the usb installler. when its booted, i just use multibeast to reinstall chimera and then all is working.
if you have problems with no keyboard found, check out editing /system/library/core services/setup assistant.. /contents/info.plist. just have to remove 2 lines to get keyboard.
for wifi, i changed the card inside to a dell 1490, cheap off ebay, and always works oob, snow and lion.
i will never use paragon disk manager again, borked my system twice. i only use boot-it to change sizes and move os's around.
havnt noticed any problems with the webcam though, works from the start when setting up first user login. works great on skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back