Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a GV-R577UD-1GD Gigabyte Radeon 5770 video card, the "batmobile" edition that is recommended as an ideal hackintosh card. I have dual DVI output working without problem in Lion 10.7.2 but no matter what I try I cannot get the HDMI video output to work except as a mirror to the DVI. I have tried to connect to just one DVI at a time with the HDMI and it doesn't matter-- only mirror mode.

Booting with only the HDMI attached I get POST info on the HDMI monitor but then as soon as logging in to Lion the output goes dead. I also rolled back the ATI5000Driver, ATIFramebuffer and ATISupport kexts to the generic 10.6.7 version with no success. I'm using the latest version of Chimera with graphics enabler=Y, DSDT set to the proper mobo (in fact, sound and network are working without a hitch). Do I need to modify my "ATI personality" in some way? Could really use some guidance as this has been driving me crazy. Thanks.

bdmacrie said:
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a GV-R577UD-1GD Gigabyte Radeon 5770 video card, the "batmobile" edition that is recommended as an ideal hackintosh card. I have dual DVI output working without problem in Lion 10.7.2 but no matter what I try I cannot get the HDMI video output to work except as a mirror to the DVI. I have tried to connect to just one DVI at a time with the HDMI and it doesn't matter-- only mirror mode.

Booting with only the HDMI attached I get POST info on the HDMI monitor but then as soon as logging in to Lion the output goes dead. I also rolled back the ATI5000Driver, ATIFramebuffer and ATISupport kexts to the generic 10.6.7 version with no success. I'm using the latest version of Chimera with graphics enabler=Y, DSDT set to the proper mobo (in fact, sound and network are working without a hitch). Do I need to modify my "ATI personality" in some way? Could really use some guidance as this has been driving me crazy. Thanks.

Hello!

Try a framebuffer Hoolock.I have similar problem.With framebuffer Hoolock run single HDMI port.Everything run perfectly.But unfortunately there is no HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back