Graphics
Gigabyte NVidia 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have installed 10.7.2 over Unibeast, the installer program was able to display the image just fine. When I reboot, I got to the point where the GPU fan would turn on high and I'd get nothing but black. I went into my ChameleonBoot's com.apple.Boot.plist and changed Graphics Enabler to 'no'. Now instead of turning the GPU fan onto high it simply shows a black screen an immediately reboots. I did try adding a -x to the Kernal Flag line (along with trying to manually force the graphics display to 1280x1050), but then I got 'can't find mach_kernel'.

If I could just get the computer to boot to somewhat basic graphics, I'm sure I could run MultiBeast and install drivers to get it up and running.

I know that my Radeon 6970 GPU isn't supported yet, but last night I found this:
http://netkas.org/?p=1004
It's a nice and neat pkg that should be a driver for Cayman cards. But I can't get to any sort of display to install it from. Is there some neat Terminal trick I could run on the HDD from my LionUSBBoot stick?

I haven't done a hackintosh since I installed 10.4 on my old Compaq Presario turned linux box. I've bought Macs since then, but I thought I'd give this a try for a CustoPro. Any advice would be helpful, as I'm probably just not booting into the kernel the right way.

So after I ran an idiot check, I still have no result. Everytime I try to boot, whether in Safe Mode or Single User Mode, or even trying PCIRoot=1 all I ever get is a reboot.

If you don't have any idea what I can do to install MultiBeast, is there somewhere where I can find the help I need?

Could I install these driver packages (Netkas's or Andy's) if I put my boot drive in a FW enclosure and dragged and dropped from my iMac? (And where would they go?)

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back