HD 6750M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all you mac wizards out there!

I have this problem, I want to connect two monitors to my graphics card (Zotac GT 430 1024mb DDR3, DVI-VGA-HDMI). And I want to do so by putting the first monitor in the DVI output and the other one in the VGA output. But when I try this both screens go black.
Am I doing something wrong or is it no way to make this work?

My build now as I'm writing this; Mac OS X 10.6.8 SL with the Official NVIDIA Drivers and as I mentioned I'm using a Zotac GT 430 Graphics Card with DVI-VGA-HDMI Outputs.
Oh and i might as well add that I have full acceleration, correct memory is shown, I have no other problems. I just can't get two monitors to work, so all help is appreciated.

DVI = Works like a charm!
VGA = Works!
DVI + VGA = Black Screen on both monitors after booting in to OS!
DVI + DVI (VGA to DVI Converter) = Same as above!

And I even tried to connect one of the monitors to my built in with no luck!

Thanks in advance! (And if there is a post on this already I'm really really sorry!)

have you tried with HDMI + VGA? if your monitor doesnt have HDMI input you can use a HDMI-DVI adapter (DVI is basically HDMI without audio anyway). this setup works on my card.

HDMI - works
VGA - works
DVI - blue screen but sometimes works
HDMI + VGA - works
HDMI + DVI - only the DVI shows up
DVI + VGA - not tested....

colocolo said:
have you tried with HDMI + VGA? if your monitor doesnt have HDMI input you can use a HDMI-DVI adapter (DVI is basically HDMI without audio anyway). this setup works on my card.

HDMI - works
VGA - works
DVI - blue screen but sometimes works
HDMI + VGA - works
HDMI + DVI - only the DVI shows up
DVI + VGA - not tested....

That's the only setup I haven't tried, HDMI + DVI or VGA that is. Don't have one of those adapters, but I'll see if I can find a cheap one. I'll update with the results.

If anyone else has some ideas, please let me know!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back